Ignorant People......

Ignorant People......

39 posts
21 Feb 2012
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Why do some photographers write in their bio 'please feel free to contact me regarding rates and availability' and then never respond to your message when you do? It really gets my goat.......can hardly call themselves professional when they cant be assed to respond. Sorry, rant over!!
Posted 21 Feb 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
For the same reason models don't read CC's properly, don't reply to emails, don't read what you've written, don't...

I could go on, but my point is, it's not photographers. It's people.

Posted 21 Feb 2012
Vas
Model
Vas
What does this have to do with ignorance?

Posted 21 Feb 2012
extra_mayo
Photographer
extra_mayo
I imagine they mean their rates and availability, not yours

Not responding probably due to you giving them your rates

Ian

Posted 21 Feb 2012
barone
Photographer
barone
Amatures...Amatrues...bugger. Amateurs!
Posted 21 Feb 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
If you contacted them with YOUR rates & availability, when they may have meant in their bio, you could contact them for THEIR rates & availability should you want to pay them to shoot you. Most "professional" photographers only shoot if someone is paying them.

QED they would treat your unsolicited approach as spam & ignore it.

Posted 21 Feb 2012
jodieF
Model
jodieF
No its ME asking them for THEIR rates and availability! I would understand if it was the other way round.
What does this have to do with ignorance? Well, opening a message to someone asking you a question, and blatantly ignoring it, is ignorance. Especially if they say 'please message me for more info/rates/availability'.

Posted 21 Feb 2012
Vas
Model
Vas
No, it really isn't.

ig·no·rance
[ig-ner-uhns]
noun
the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

Posted 21 Feb 2012
Belfast_Adult
Photographer
Belfast_Adul..
Hi Jodie, not much you can do. Not everyone replies to messages. I would say we all get it. Find another person suitable .
Posted 21 Feb 2012
jodieF
Model
jodieF
Two definitions:

1. Ignorant: to be unaware of something---to not have knowledge on a certain topic---to fear or misunderstand something one knows little or nothing about.

2. Ignorant: To be rude, tactless, or purposely obtuse

I was actually talking about the number two type. I have come on here asking why some photographers choose to IGNORE messages from potential clients, I have not asked for an english lesson thanks. Please, if you cant answer the question with anything then please dont answer at all. Its so obvious you are trying to make others look silly.

Thanks

xxx

Posted 21 Feb 2012
Vas
Model
Vas
They ignore them for the same reason models ignore messages, MUAs ignore messages, stylists ignore them... in fact there's another thread at the moment asking why models ignore messages, so it's not a unique issue. Maybe they don't want to work with you, or they're totally booked, or maybe they just forgot. Either way, the shoot isn't going ahead. It may be the way that you phrase your messages, if it's a reoccurring problem. I can't say I've ever offered a photographer payment and been ignored, and if I were I doubt I'd consider it tactless or rude.

I was just curious why you chose to use that particular word, which has nothing at all to do with the content of this thread. If you have a problem with people discussing things other than what you specifically asked, I suggest you step away from the internet.

Posted 21 Feb 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
jodieF
Two definitions: 1. Ignorant: to be unaware of something---to not have knowledge on a certain topic---to fear or misunderstand something one knows little or nothing about. 2. Ignorant: To be rude, tactless, or purposely obtuse I was actually talking about the number two type. I have come on here asking why some photographers choose to IGNORE messages from potential clients, I have not asked for an english lesson thanks. Please, if you cant answer the question with anything then please dont answer at all. Its so obvious you are trying to make others look silly. Thanks xxx
No offence, but the dictionary doesn't agree with your No.2. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorant
Posted 21 Feb 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
jodieF
No its ME asking them for THEIR rates and availability! I would understand if it was the other way round. What does this have to do with ignorance? Well, opening a message to someone asking you a question, and blatantly ignoring it, is ignorance. Especially if they say 'please message me for more info/rates/availability'.
Having looked at your portfolio, & your offering to pay them to photograph you, then the words blind,stupid, left site or dead spring to mind - In the current financial climate anyone who doesn't follow up offers of paid work is a fussy multi millionare or crazy
Posted 21 Feb 2012
stevephot
Photographer
stevephot
Vas

They ignore them fo......................................, I suggest you step away from the internet.

I think you need to step out of your own arse

Posted 21 Feb 2012
jodieF
Model
jodieF
You are very rude. You probably sit there, behind an english dictionary, waiting for the next person to post a forum topic so you can jump out and start to cyber bully. You clearly dont have anything better to do. No I cant imagine that you would offer a photographer payment, what with having a basic account and only 2 reccommendations since 2010, and I cant really see any work going your way at all. Bye bye 'vas', nice talking to you

xx

Posted 21 Feb 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join