Basque / bodice help - URGENT!

Basque / bodice help - URGENT!

12 posts
16 Feb 2012
GemH
Model
GemH
Hey guys, wonder if anyone can help!! Can anyone - as a past customer - recommend a good online UK retailer of decent quality basques or bodices on a pansy budget of 30 squids? I emphasise having used the retailer as I can obviously find retailers, but often they're not good quality and I haven't got time to mess about... Same as the high street ones - very little support or shape and they don't seem to take into consideration slim but busty figures! Has to be UK based as I need it next weekend! I know it can be done as the one I just broke re threading the lacing was 25 quid, but sadly the place has closed I would get a corset but budget doesn't allow All serious suggestions welcome
Posted 16 Feb 2012
Try corsets-uk.com. In the 'corset of the day' section you can get proper steel boned corsets for between £20-30 and they are good quality. There's also a 'fashion corsets' section which aren't steel boned but are still good quality and very cheap. Just avoid any that say they have plastic bones because they don't give much support at all and can snap, ruining the shape of the bodice.
Also try the seller 'corset-boulevard' on ebay, i've had a couple from there which have been good. They don't last as long as the corset-uk ones but if you're wearing them mainly just for shoots you'll be fine. Just read the wording carefully and go for the ones that are "fully steel boned" not "steel busk" as that means only the front panels will be steel, the rest may be plastic.

Posted 16 Feb 2012
carolannbavage
Photographer
carolannbava..
Hi Gem, I dont know if its of any use to you but i have a Corset from the ASOS Dita Von Teese collection a few years ago. Was about to put it on ebay (have done it before but its never sold) Its cream/blush under fabric with black lace over the top. Metal clasps at the front and lace up at the back. Its strapless - and the top is kind of a balconette cut. I believe its a Large size? I really dont want a penny for it as its taking up space. Am happy to post it to you - if its of use then great - if not never mind
Posted 17 Feb 2012
GemH
Model
GemH
BeckyFrost
Try corsets-uk.com. In the 'corset of the day' section you can get proper steel boned corsets for between £20-30 and they are good quality. There's also a 'fashion corsets' section which aren't steel boned but are still good quality and very cheap. Just avoid any that say they have plastic bones because they don't give much support at all and can snap, ruining the shape of the bodice. Also try the seller 'corset-boulevard' on ebay, i've had a couple from there which have been good. They don't last as long as the corset-uk ones but if you're wearing them mainly just for shoots you'll be fine. Just read the wording carefully and go for the ones that are "fully steel boned" not "steel busk" as that means only the front panels will be steel, the rest may be plastic.
Hi honey, thank you so much for this! I would never have known about the iffy wording, so thank you for the heads up! I'm off to check them out!
carolannbavage
Hi Gem, I dont know if its of any use to you but i have a Corset from the ASOS Dita Von Teese collection a few years ago. Was about to put it on ebay (have done it before but its never sold) Its cream/blush under fabric with black lace over the top. Metal clasps at the front and lace up at the back. Its strapless - and the top is kind of a balconette cut. I believe its a Large size? I really dont want a penny for it as its taking up space. Am happy to post it to you - if its of use then great - if not never mind
Hiya, shall PM you in a mo for some more info x
Posted 17 Feb 2012
Edited by GemH 17 Feb 2012
Another vote for corsets-uk. They do fray after a while but I had mine for over a year before they declined in quality (I was using them at least once a fortnight for shoots) They have a facebook page too
Posted 17 Feb 2012
GemH
Model
GemH
melrobson02
Another vote for corsets-uk. They do fray after a while but I had mine for over a year before they declined in quality (I was using them at least once a fortnight for shoots) They have a facebook page too
Thanks Mel The initial requirement for one is actually for a private event (ie my "f**k I'm old" fermented beverage consumption gathering) and I don't anticipate using it too much for shoots afterwards so I'm not too worried about the effects of over use I've sent them a message!
Posted 17 Feb 2012
Definitely corsets-uk. I have several, they are amazing quality and give loads of support / I am HH cup so I bloody need it /. The most I paid for one was £40. If you like them on Facebook they post special offers daily.

Posted 17 Feb 2012
nikondave
Photographer
nikondave
My partners dress agency has some Lepel ones various sizes balck and red from memory

Posted 17 Feb 2012
Hotfrog
Photographer
Hotfrog
Heres an option in Birmingham, they have an online store as well.

http://www.rawhidecorsets.co.uk/

they are in the Custard Factory in Birmingham - http://www.custardfactory.co.uk/home/directory/

Posted 20 Feb 2012
Hotfrog

Heres an option in Birmingham, they have an online store as well. http://www.rawhidecorsets.co.uk/ they are in the Custard Factory in Birmingham - http://www.custardfactory.co.uk/home/directory/

She said she has a budget of £30, not £300 sad
Posted 20 Feb 2012
Serena
Model
Serena
www.missdiscreet.com

BRILLIANT!

Just ring Julie (number on the site) or order online.

I've just got the Victorian basque in white and black and it's absolutely gorgeous.

Economy prices but quality standard.  Their French Knickers and suspender belts etc. are awesome and way below the prices of many other 'rip off' sites.
Posted 20 Feb 2012
Edited by Serena 20 Feb 2012
GemH
Model
GemH
I ordered from Corsets-UK over the weekend - nice range, nice prices, and very quick/helpful customer service! Win Now let's just hope it arrives in time and actually fits
Posted 21 Feb 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join