Share your phone death stories.

Share your phone death stories.

34 posts
1 Feb 2012
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
I've broken a few phones in my time none of them have been dropped in tea, toilet or lost in a club.

I landed on my phone once while out kiteboarding, it was in the arse pocket of my jeans and after crashing pretty bad the phone didn't make it and I couldn't sit down for a while lol that was an interesting conversation with the insurance company .

Anyone got an interesting story?

Little fact fo you, the most phone insurance claims are dropping it down the toilet, its the whiplash of phone insurance.
Posted 1 Feb 2012
I lost my phone about 6 months ago, anything could have happened to it..

I'm still paying the contract though so I know nobody has it..

meh.. I hate mobile phones!

Posted 1 Feb 2012
I threw mine on the floor after a particularly frustrating conversation with a (shortly thereafter ex) boyfriend. Yes, it was entirely my fault. I did really hate that phone and was kind of hoping it would break though. :P

In general I've been good with phones though. One time I did leave it on a station bench, and - while the train drew away - watched some guy walk over and pocket it though. No fun at all, but hasn't happened again.

Posted 1 Feb 2012
jes
Model
jes
People mock me because of my phone.  It's cheap, old and ugly...but I've dropped it in puddles, lost it in piles of hay and had it fall out of my pocket whilst I'm horse riding...and it still lives!

Posted 2 Feb 2012
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Morgan_L

I've broken a few phones in my time none of them have been dropped in tea, toilet or lost in a club.

I landed on my phone once while out kiteboarding, it was in the arse pocket of my jeans and after crashing pretty bad the phone didn't make it and I couldn't sit down for a while lol that was an interesting conversation with the insurance company .

Anyone got an interesting story?

Little fact fo you, the most phone insurance claims are dropping it down the toilet, its the whiplash of phone insurance.

Accidently went diving with my phone loads of times (dry-suit they can survive). My dad called me when we were hovering at a decompression stop - Panic ensued when everyone thought that their dive computers were bleaping out a decompression violation - He had called to tell me the Liverpool score - Top man!
Posted 2 Feb 2012
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphoto..

Fell off a bridge a bit pissed one night, tried every thing that the internet said but nothing.

Then all of a sudden it came back to life months later.

Posted 2 Feb 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Adjusting the clutch on my car a few years back, my week old phone was safely placed in the car. When it rang, I naturally reached into the car, answered it, and put it in my pocket at the end of the call.
At the end of the job, as I was putting the tools away, I found the phone smashed in 3 or 4 large parts, and quite a few smaller parts. I guess I ran over it when testing the clutch at the end of the job.
The phone shop I used at the time were happy to replace the phone after Taking the piss out of me

Posted 2 Feb 2012
Mimi_C
Model
Mimi_C
My phone has been pretty trusty.

It's been in the bath 3 times, sink twice. Shattered screen once. Stood on dropped fell on.....
Left in a taxi and it got 200 miles away was stolen from taxi by one person, left by the river.. someone else picked it up and it made it's way back to me.

Do i really need to go on?

Iphones are freaking awesome.

Posted 2 Feb 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
jes

People mock me because of my phone.  It's cheap, old and ugly...but I've dropped it in puddles, lost it in piles of hay and had it fall out of my pocket whilst I'm horse riding...and it still lives!

I've an ex-wife like that 
Posted 2 Feb 2012
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
Dropped just before the summit of Ben Lomond, sheer drop of I guess 1500-2000 feet or so, no idea if it still worked Orange asked me for the sim number when I reported it as missing in action (yes I suppose I should have written it down), I said if it is that important, I'll give you the approximate coordinates, but I'm not going to get it.
Posted 2 Feb 2012
Twice I've put my mobile on the top of the cistern when out then It's slid into the toilet and got drenched/wrecked/ruined. Yes, both times I was royally inebriated!

Posted 2 Feb 2012
I once left my phone on the kitchen top next to a tea towel, a little later after washing my hands I completely forgot where it was and grabbed the towel to dry my hands flinging the phone causing it to slide all the way down the units and into the kitchen sink about 5 feet away. Another one suddenly decided to turn off for no reason while I was texting and never turned back on! Pffft, smart phones for you.. will never be as enduring as the good old bricks from years ago!
Posted 2 Feb 2012
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
I once came home after a mammoth sesh and put my phone on my bed before laying down only to roll over and vom all over it... Being hammered the logical conclusion was to give it a quick rinse under the tap... Now, I'm not entirely sure as to which was the fatal blow, but I do know that it wasn't much up for working after that.

Posted 2 Feb 2012
Edited by kirkschwarz 1 Feb 2012
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
When I was 14, my mum took to Blackpool to celebrate me having done my standard grades (my anxiety was terrible at the time and making it into school for them was a big deal for me.) She doesn't keep very well and one afternoon she was feeling a bit poorly, she decided to stay in our b&b for a few hours but she didn't want me to miss out on the sunshine, so I went for a walk by myself to get us ice cream sundaes from McD's. I had a small denim backpack on, which contained my phone. I wanted to eat my sundae so I carefully propped hers up in my bag and started the walk back. Along the way, I was feeling a bit anxious in the crowds so I started humming to myself, looking around reading signs and things, trying to take my mind off my surroundings; it must have worked, because I slipped the bag off and started swinging it. After I put it back on and felt something cold and wet on the back of my top, I remembered the sundae and realised I had given my phone the equivalent of a spin in the washing machine with ice cream instead of water. I was so distracted by the mess that I got lost and panicked, thankfully I managed to get a phone call out of my mobile before it died and got my mum to come find me. My sister opened my standard grade results while I was away and read them before me.
Posted 2 Feb 2012
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
jivago

Accidently went diving with my phone loads of times (dry-suit they can survive). My dad called me when we were hovering at a decompression stop - Panic ensued when everyone thought that their dive computers were bleaping out a decompression violation - He had called to tell me the Liverpool score - Top man!

I had to laugh at that lol but then I would be the one panacing haha.

We need the old tough phones back, ones in the rubber cases and waterproof shells, I know nokia had one model that was tougher then the others but I don't think it could surf the web.
Posted 2 Feb 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join