My artwork (plus an interview and pictures) are going in the newspaper...

My artwork (plus an interview and pictures) are going in the newspaper!!

13 posts
25 Jan 2012
River
Model
River
Hi all,

The last few days I have been really down, due to some depressing news regarding my University applications. But yesterday I recieved a phone call from my local newspaper, who had seen my artwork, and would like me to have a page spread (including an interview about myself and my work, and pictures) to be published in Friday's paper. I'm going to meet the news reporter, photographer and editor today after I finish work. Unfortunatly I'll be away on friday (Im going on a skiing holiday in Bulgaria!) so won't get to see the article. I'm pretty sure it will be on the Diss Express website, and my mum will be buying a copy of the newspaper.

Just thought I'd share it all with you, its not often that I'm noticed and its been a lovely suprise after such a horrible few days.

River
Posted 25 Jan 2012
That's great news!! Well done!

Posted 25 Jan 2012
wel done hun x

Posted 25 Jan 2012
N_A_Photography
Photographer
N_A_Photography
Well done Charlotte, I'm up diss Friday afternoon I'll take a peak

Posted 25 Jan 2012
Awesome news, you go girl Have fun abroad!!
Posted 25 Jan 2012
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Well done - that's great.

Posted 25 Jan 2012
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
N_A_Photography

Well done Charlotte, I'm up diss Friday afternoon I'll take a peak

I'm a bit down dis Wednesday morning.

Congratulations! I'll dial up the Diss Express website and check it out.
Posted 25 Jan 2012
Edited by w4pictures 25 Jan 2012
River
Model
River
I havent seen the article myself, but mum rung me this morning to say she'd bought a copy. Apparently they quoted me having said 'im not doing this to earn loads of money'- which im sure I didnt say, and im pretty sure when asked about commisioned work I didnt put the issue of any payment so bluntly! Makes me sound very up myself and thats definetley not me! I guess thats what newspapers do though!

Posted 27 Jan 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Hey, well done Charlotte.

Posted 27 Jan 2012
barone
Photographer
barone
Well done.

Posted 27 Jan 2012
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
excellent!
Posted 27 Jan 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
River

I havent seen the article myself, but mum rung me this morning to say she'd bought a copy. Apparently they quoted me having said 'im not doing this to earn loads of money'- which im sure I didnt say, and im pretty sure when asked about commisioned work I didnt put the issue of any payment so bluntly! Makes me sound very up myself and thats definetley not me! I guess thats what newspapers do though!

I wouldn't worry about it.  If it had said "I am doing this to earn loads of money" that would have worried me more.

Posted 28 Jan 2012
onebadpuppy
Photographer
onebadpuppy
Very well done Missy.

Posted 28 Jan 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join