Autograph requests

30 posts
21 Jan 2012
Katinha
Model
Katinha
So today I got my first autograph request from a 'fan' in Germany...
I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't class myself as a known model as i've never been published and haven't had tons and tons of work. So I thought this was a little strange as I don't promote myself a lot either and unsure how they would have got my email address..
Has anyone else had a similar request? Or do you get requests?

Posted 21 Jan 2012
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
well now you KNOW you've "arrived"! Congratulations!

Posted 21 Jan 2012
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhoto..
Not yet, but I am working on it.
Posted 21 Jan 2012
I had someone phone me up!!!! don't know who he got my number but he asked some very strange requests so in the end I put the phone down. Didn't heard nothing for at least 4 months then I got an email from him letting me know I can contact him through that if I changed my mind
Posted 21 Jan 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
xxmrmthxx

....................then I got an email from him letting me know I can contact him through that if I changed my mind

Oh that's handy then!
Posted 21 Jan 2012
ChrisY
Photographer
ChrisY
Katinha

So today I got my first autograph request from a 'fan' in Germany... I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't class myself as a known model as i've never been published and haven't had tons and tons of work. So I thought this was a little strange as I don't promote myself a lot either and unsure how they would have got my email address.. Has anyone else had a similar request? Or do you get requests?

It didnt come with the caveat of also supplying, name address and bank details did it?

(no offense meant etc)
Posted 21 Jan 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
ChrisY

It didnt come with the caveat of also supplying, name address and bank details did it?

..... plus a nude picture? smiley
Posted 21 Jan 2012
Katinha
Model
Katinha
ChrisY
It didnt come with the caveat of also supplying, name address and bank details did it? (no offense meant etc)
Noo it didn't haha, it was a genuine email
Posted 21 Jan 2012
Katinha
Model
Katinha
mph
..... plus a nude picture?
And no nude pictures! Just an autograph request :P
Posted 21 Jan 2012
I remember a day or so after I had my website put online I got an email from someone in America asking for a signed picture, I asked which one he wanted and he specifically asked for a headshot which I thought was kinda nice so I obliged. I know some models have large fan bases of completely random men who will buy them gifts and things - I don't think I really have a fanbase and I've only been asked a few times so I don't promote myself to randoms only photographers Still its flattering when you have been asked for an autograph
Posted 21 Jan 2012
Chrissie_Red

I remember a day or so after I had my website put online I got an email from someone in America asking for a signed picture, I asked which one he wanted and he specifically asked for a headshot which I thought was kinda nice so I obliged. I know some models have large fan bases of completely random men who will buy them gifts and things - I don't think I really have a fanbase and I've only been asked a few times so I don't promote myself to randoms only photographers Still its flattering when you have been asked for an autograph

Same here, i dont know how they found me but it happened when i was starting out in modelling.
Posted 21 Jan 2012
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
Chrissie_Red

I know some models have large fan bases of completely random men who will buy them gifts and things -

I know a few girls who have an Amazon wish list for their fans to buy stuff for them. Seems to work quite well, and maintain the anonymity of getting someone to send you a real item without giving them your address. Surprised more don't exploit it, to be honest.
Posted 21 Jan 2012
tiinak
Model
tiinak
I've been asked for autographs few times and I'm very happy to sign them. I've got loads of lovely fans online and I talk to them daily. Did get one strange request too... One fan was asking to send him a laptop or a mobile phone...hahah!
Posted 21 Jan 2012
PeterH

I know a few girls who have an Amazon wish list for their fans to buy stuff for them. Seems to work quite well, and maintain the anonymity of getting someone to send you a real item without giving them your address. Surprised more don't exploit it, to be honest.

haha, I would feel too guilty to be honest. Its the "exploit" part I'm just not comfortable with.
I also think with the style I do I probably don't attract the same viewers to my work as say Serena does.
The only folks who like my work are poor old artists or just poor people who can't afford a subscription to an adult site haha.

Posted 21 Jan 2012
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
Chrissie_Red

haha, I would feel too guilty to be honest. Its the "exploit" part I'm just not comfortable with.
I also think with the style I do I probably don't attract the same viewers to my work as say Serena does.
The only folks who like my work are poor old artists or just poor people who can't afford a subscription to an adult site haha.

I meant exploit as in an alternative way of working/earning, rather than in a 'ripping off' way.

But you could always ask an autograph hunter to send you an iPod ,and you'll send an autographed picture of it stuck between your boobs!

You'll be surprised how much people will pay for special things from their favourites (and nasty things too!)
Posted 21 Jan 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join