22nd Jan - Social meet Ivybridge, South Devon.

22nd Jan - Social meet Ivybridge, South Devon.

22 posts
10 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
A group of us are planning to meet in the Duke of Cornwall in Ivybridge,Sunday  22nd January.
The dining area has been set aside for us. Its a good opportunity to meet like minded people in the area and hopefully we will go on to organising group shoots later in the year.
It will be helpful to know numbers before hand, so far we have 6 photographers and three models.
Posted 10 Jan 2012
keithmale
Photographer
keithmale
Hi Clive,
What a great idea it is time we had a group set up in this part of the country.
I will lookforward to meeting you and others .
Posted 10 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Thanks Keith, thats one more, but I see that I omitted the time. Its 7.30pm.
Obviously all are welcome and from what I can see of other groups, they are very sucessful.
Everyone stands to benefit from it.
Posted 12 Jan 2012
Photorealmuk
Photographer
Photorealmuk
I will do my best to attend im only up the road so ideal for me
Posted 12 Jan 2012
Edited by Photorealmuk 12 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Mark, You will be very welcome. beware of parking in the small car park, it is fee paying and they are very keen, so many have been caught out.

Still trying to attract interested parties, If there is a reason why you choose not to attend i.e. location, distance, perhaps you will let me know and that will be taken into account for future meets.

Ivybridge was chosen as its central.

Clive
Posted 14 Jan 2012
Geminiphotographic
Photographer
Geminiphotographic
very interested, but I'm not in the country on the 22nd. it would be much appreciated if kept upto date with future meets and shoots.

Paulcheeky
Posted 14 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Hi Paul, Yes will certainly keep you in the loop.
Bigbury again, maybe, but I'll let the police know before the event.
Posted 15 Jan 2012
keithmale
Photographer
keithmale
Hi clive
Looking forward to the meet on sunday, shame more models from plymouth are not joining in. Should be a good night and a chance to meet
some good contacts.
Posted 16 Jan 2012
PeteMcD
Photographer
PeteMcD
Hi
If you still have space I would be interested

Posted 18 Jan 2012
LBphotoGraphics
Photographer
LBphotoGraphics
Could you please keep me updated on events please? I'm in Redruth but would be interested in any group events this side of Plymouth or within a reasonable distance. At the moment I am without a car so have to rely on public transport, I will look into coming on Sunday but with Sunday public transport it will most likely be impossible.

As I thought I can get there but can't get back the same day and don't really fancy staying over so please could inform me of the outcome.

Lloyd
Posted 18 Jan 2012
Edited by LBphotoGraphics 18 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Thanks for your interest,

Pete, pm sent.

Lloyd, Yes will keep you posted on any forth comming events. For just a social meet the distance you would have to travel is not realistic. But hopefully a different matter when we can arrange a group shoot.
Posted 18 Jan 2012
LBphotoGraphics
Photographer
LBphotoGraphics
If you do ever have a group shoot between Plymouth and Penzance, I have a number of contacts models and photographers (most on Purestorm) who have been on or organised group shoots in the past. Also a lot of quiet picturesque locations.

Posted 18 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Hi Lloyd, Its always good to have contacts with that sort of knowledge. Thank you.

Its partly due to the success of the Cornwall group that encouraged me to try something similar in Devon. 

Getting the right location is key.
Posted 18 Jan 2012
keithmale
Photographer
keithmale
Thanks for the meet last night Clive great way to meet.Some great idea's and info, look forward to the next meet and the first group shoot.
Posted 23 Jan 2012
CBPhotography
Photographer
CBPhotography
Thanks to those who made it, "see you next time" to those who didn't.
Some interesting ideas to look into for future group shoots.
Hopefully plan one for early March.
Posted 23 Jan 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join