Nose Job?

19 posts
9 Jan 2012
Miss_P
Model
Miss_P
Has anyone had a nose job before? How long does the swelling and bruising take to go down. and do you think it would affect photographers wanting to work with a model if she had her nose done?

Posted 9 Jan 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Assuming no obvious scarring & the surgeon had done a good job it wouldn't put me off (unlike boob jobs of which I've yet to see one that looked better than similar sized natural breasts)

BTW having looked at you profile images your nose looks fine to me.

Posted 9 Jan 2012
nose jobs are quite a brutal surgical option and not to be taken lightly, i would avoid a proper nose job unless you have had some form of break that has resulted in a bump, if its just tip size that i believe can be done easier but does result in cutting through to remove catalidge so will still take time to recover, there is a realativly new procedure which is none surgical and uses filling injections to even the nose out or disguise smaller bumps but this one cannot reduce size

hope that helps somehow

Ratisha

Posted 9 Jan 2012
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
Depends on the face the nose was on. I had a rhinoplast from a broken nose gained playing rugby. It gave me two black eyes that lasted about 6 weeks total - I dont care what anyone says...it hurts after!
Posted 9 Jan 2012
jes
Model
jes
I have never met a person who has been happy wiht their first nose-job.  They have all had to have a second one.

Posted 9 Jan 2012
Miss_P
Model
Miss_P
thanks for all your help. well confused now!eeep.

Posted 9 Jan 2012
Ulorin Vex has a big nose and it never stopped her.

For the record, I think you're beautiful, and your nose is in perfect proportion to your face. You don't need any work done. Or so I think.

Posted 24 Jan 2012
kjoleweb
Photographer
kjoleweb
If it's for a friend, I'd advise carefully, if it's for you, what's wrong with the one you have?
Posted 24 Jan 2012
Serena
Model
Serena
kjoleweb

If it's for a friend, I'd advise carefully, if it's for you, what's wrong with the one you have?

I sort of assumed it had to be for a friend having looked at your pictures.  If youreally look at your pictures  think you nose is wonky I'd change the photographers you work with not your face!
Posted 24 Jan 2012
mitch69
Photographer
mitch69
Jack_Russell

Depends on the face the nose was on. I had a rhinoplast from a broken nose gained playing rugby. It gave me two black eyes that lasted about 6 weeks total - I dont care what anyone says...it hurts after!

+1
I had it done 2 years ago  but was a synoplasty as was having problems from old boxing injury and when they take out the packing the day after it feelt like they were pulling my eyes out from the inside lol a very  uncomfortable feeling 
Posted 24 Jan 2012
Edited by mitch69 24 Jan 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglider
What exactly don't you like about your nose? I think it looks perfectly lovely to me!

Posted 24 Jan 2012
beauvoir

Ulorin Vex has a big nose and it never stopped her.

Guess it depends on what you consider big, her nose looks pretty perfect to me  - not unusually large or weirdly shaped.

Posted 24 Jan 2012
Unless you have some previous break then I would leave well alone. A nose job can cause problems with having permanent sniffles and end up having another one to rectify the problems. A friend of mine had it done and it was horrendous to look at when healing. There is nothing wrong with your nose - mine is certainly bigger and I wouldn't have anything done !

Posted 24 Jan 2012
Miss_P
Model
Miss_P
thanks for everyones feedback! I think ive decided as much as I want one its too much of a risk, however I juust want to point out as much as I appreciate everyones loveley comments saying i dont need one and its perfect thats more to do with the fact i (a) wouldnt put a picture on here when you can see how awful it is, such as a profile shot and (b) the photographers i ahve worked with are so good it doesnt look so bad but i have one nostril bigger than the other and my nose is very pointy! x
Posted 25 Jan 2012
i have a long nose and used to hate it even though everyone says its fine (i still think its too big/long) but hey nobodys perfect every single model/women/man out there has something they dont like about themselves but no-one notice little things like that apart from yourself, and even if one nostril is bigger then the other i doubt theres many people that come up to you turn their head to their side and look up your nose lol people notice other things first like you hair, eyes figure clothes etc.. dont get one lol you might feel a little better or they may make it worse and make the other nostril too big or make your nose look like you walked into a brick wall by making it too flat, a little bit pointy is fine x
Posted 25 Jan 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join