When a photographer says "we're shooting nudes just bring yourself"......

When a photographer says "we're shooting nudes just bring yourself"...

60 posts
2 Jan 2012
...What do you ACTUALLY bring?

I tend to bring make up, one pair of shoes, 4/5 pairs of undies (also the stockings and suspender belt that live in my bag) 2 or 3 interesting outfits, and a small selection of accessories; I can fit all that in my trusty rucksack if I try, so it's not too much effort and I'd rather bring it and not use it than have the photographer get bored of nudes halfway through and have no other options.

What about you guys?

Posted 2 Jan 2012
Edited by Tansy_Blue 2 Jan 2012
Oh I am so the same! I tend to take some heels, makeup and about 3 pairs of undies (mainly so I can wear them home after the shoot! Though I very rarely wear the make up, no one asks me too and the heels are just to give me more height and length to my legs.
Posted 2 Jan 2012
Nobody has ever actually got bored of shooting me nude, so maybe your just not doing it right?

If we run out of things to shoot we look around us for inspiration be it a location or an interesting prop - this has actually been a good for experimenting and really pushing my imagination rather than give up and move on.

If I have been booked for a location nude all I take with me is makeup/hair products and some warm loose clothing - no undies, no high heels and no interesting outfits, it just means I have to carry all that crap around for the day. Having made the mistake once and being taken a 3 mile walk to the location and 3 miles back I wouldn't make the same mistake again unless someone specifically asks but if they just want me to bring myself that is what I take. When I started I was the same, trying to hard to please but all I was actually doing was tiring myself out carrying a load of crap the photographer isn't interested in shooting. I would rather tire myself out posing or doing something productive than holding onto things which 99% of the time are not needed and 100% of the time not asked for.
Posted 2 Jan 2012
Edited by Chrissie_Red 2 Jan 2012
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
Bottle of water. Sandwich. Dressing gown. Hairbrush.Mini mirror.  Lipsalve. Diary and pen (optimistic).

However, I'm usually in the car, in which case evrything gets bundled in the boot!
Posted 2 Jan 2012
If it's location nude I don't bring anything extra, but if it's studio time I bring matching underwear, one pair of heels, couple of dresses, ballet shoes, small selection of jewelry. This is a lesson I learned the hard way, "Sooo.... what underwear did you bring? Didn't you bring any? Oh nooo Didn't you even bring your ballet shoes?? oh noo" during a nude shoot. Poor planning/communication on the photographer's part, I feel a lot happier having stuff on me as a happy photographer is a happy shoot.
Posted 2 Jan 2012
Edited by JenSomerfield 2 Jan 2012
martinphoto
Photographer
martinphoto
As a photographer who actually says this more often than not I suppose I do mean bring make up and hair modifiers. I don't mean bring clothes but would concede that some interesting accessories or jewellery could be of use and yes a pair of heels too. Mostly though I really do mean "no need for a suitcase".

Posted 2 Jan 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
Kalygulina

.................. 3 pairs of undies (mainly so I can wear them home after the shoot!

.....gotta love a girl who wears 3 pairs at once! smiley
Posted 2 Jan 2012
Chrissie - location's a bit different, I bring almost nothing for location; although even then I tend to bring one or two interesting things, in particular skirts or dresses that stream prettily in the wind. I work in home and white-box studios much of the time so there aren't always too many interesting things to play with. (Although occasionally home studios have massive piles of fun stuff in them.) One rucksack isn't any trouble to bring anyways.

Also, I think you're a very mean lady, and you consistently scupper my attempts to not dislike you. I've always admired your modelling work and I think your figure is absolutely mind-blowing, but I've tried and failed to feel the same way about your character.

Posted 2 Jan 2012
Sorry I just think you are extremely irritating and full of shit. You came on here already knowing it all or somehow acting like you are superior to everyone here - you are a young girl not an old woman with all the answers.
I don't subscribe to people blowing smoke up my arse either but thanks I guess.

Posted 2 Jan 2012
Food, baby oil/body lotion/body butter bar (different effects on the skin), water or still Lucozade (or both), flip flops (and my epic pink towel robe if it's outdoors/cold)

Posted 2 Jan 2012
Chrissie_Red

Sorry I just think you are extremely irritating and full of shit. You came on here already knowing it all or somehow acting like you are superior to everyone here - you are a young girl not an old woman with all the answers. I don't subscribe to people blowing smoke up my arse either but thanks I guess.

I love both you guys for totally different reasons
Posted 2 Jan 2012
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
Chrissie_Red
Sorry I just think you are extremely irritating and full of shit. You came on here already knowing it all or somehow acting like you are superior to everyone here - you are a young girl not an old woman with all the answers. I don't subscribe to people blowing smoke up my arse either but thanks I guess.
...but not half as irritating and full of shit as someone who thinks being on the internet gives them the right to speak to people they've never met in a way which (one hopes!) you'd never do if you were face to face with them.
Posted 2 Jan 2012
rod_m99

...but not half as irritating and full of shit as someone who thinks being on the internet gives them the right to speak to people they've never met in a way which (one hopes!) you'd never do if you were face to face with them.

Wanna bet?
Posted 2 Jan 2012
Chrissie_Red
I don't think I'm superior to...anyone here, actually. And I don't know it all and I didn't when I joined - I posted a ton of threads asking for advice and still occasionally ask for help. I knew slightly more about rates and agencies' requirements than some new models because I'd put the legwork into researching it, but that's all. (I also happen to know a lot about nutrition from studying it.) There's plenty of stuff I've yet to learn that'll only come with experience. Acknowledging the quality of someone's work...is not the same as smoke blowing.
Posted 2 Jan 2012
Maybe it was the way in which you came across then that annoyed people - nobody likes the teachers pet apart from the teacher.
Who knows i'm not going to study the subject in depth and come back with charts and in-depth analysis because I have better things to do with my time.

Posted 2 Jan 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join