Chrissy X Art Nude your thoughts

Chrissy X Art Nude your thoughts

16 posts
26 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
Worked with the stunning model Chrissy X your thoughts on the results are appreciated

Posted 26 Dec 2011
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
I think they are wonderful, all of them, but did you need to bath her first?

Posted 26 Dec 2011
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Very nice. She has a great body for art nude.
Posted 26 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
thank you I think she is a fantastic model and nothing wrong with a nice clean model
Posted 26 Dec 2011
DCox
Photographer
DCox
4 is lovely.....nice composition. She washes up quite well!

Posted 26 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
Cheers Dom I kept her in there that long I think the water went cold and not one complaint!!

Posted 26 Dec 2011
kevinuk
Photographer
kevinuk
how many times can i say WOW !

Posted 26 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
Thanks Kevin really appreciated
working with someone as good as Chrissy everyone looks at her and not my mistakes

Posted 26 Dec 2011
Siras
Photographer
Siras
I like them but, for me, the two colour images are spoilt by a lack of control as to where the shadows fall. I can see you've set out to balance the lights but the very strong shadow under the chin(s) and the unflattering ones, cast sideways across the body, give both shots a rather "unnatural" appearance.

Hope you don't think that I'm nitpicking, I'm actually trying to be helpful and ask that you take these comments in the spirit in which they're offered.

Si

Posted 27 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
Si Critique is all good and a fresh viewpoint is how we improve, we all become blind to our own work and your opinion is most welcome

Posted 27 Dec 2011
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Siras

I like them but, for me, the two colour images are spoilt by a lack of control as to where the shadows fall. I can see you've set out to balance the lights but the very strong shadow under the chin(s) and the unflattering ones, cast sideways across the body, give both shots a rather "unnatural" appearance. Hope you don't think that I'm nitpicking, I'm actually trying to be helpful and ask that you take these comments in the spirit in which they're offered. Si

I don't think it's nitpicking. The colour photos are very ordinary, nice chaise longue, nice model, poor lighting and rather uninspired composition.
The black and whites are better, but they feel rather posed and remote.
I think the lights are ok and obviously the model has a great figure. I like the feet in the first and second photos, I'm not keen on the angle of the head in number 3 and number 4 looks like she is falling over. I think you are right to choose the first one for your profile.

It may seem harsh, but if you look back on these in a year's time... you'll probably be closer to my view....

Posted 27 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
Thank you Neil Harsh is fine it is always interesting to appraise the work of those who critique. Constructive critique is always welcome. To put someone down to raise your own level is fine carry on. The day I create something everybody likes is the day I become boring.

Posted 27 Dec 2011
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
darkandlightphotos

. The day I create something everybody likes is the day I become boring.

Very True !

Posted 27 Dec 2011
she is a great nude model and on the whole these are lovely images.
might be just me but a couple dont look sharp.
regards-andy bramah.
www.photographerpreston.com

Posted 27 Dec 2011
darkandlightphotos
Photographer
darkandlightphotos
Thanks Andy yes a great model
I am limited by Lseries and full image 35 mm sensor at the moment sharpness will come i am sure when I get my hasselblad; however editing at actual pixels all looks fine to me and to over-sharpen like many in photoshop I feel gives an unnatural over edited appearance

Posted 27 Dec 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join