Boob implants and the hazards

Boob implants and the hazards

13 posts
20 Dec 2011
Redmond_Photography
Photographer
Redmond_Phot..
I don't agree with breast implants anyway. So this might deter some people.

Posted 20 Dec 2011
Vas
Model
Vas
'Don't agree'? This isn't abortion or the mass-production of beef, it's what women choose to do with their own bodies, and affects nobody else at all.

Posted 20 Dec 2011
Mark_Time
Photographer
Mark_Time
Posted 20 Dec 2011
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I agree that a woman should be able do whatever she likes with her own body. my point was more you have to make the decisions on implants, surgeons, etc. very carefully. in this case it would have been hard to not pick the PIP implants as they were presented as being just another type of implant and nobody having them could have known there were any issues with them.

Posted 20 Dec 2011
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Cosmetic surgery is great till it goes wrong as I found out ysterday - my wife went to the dentist with a toothache looks like the tooth is dead & she needs root canal treatment at a cost of around £800 - probable reason for the tooth dying - the cosmetic dentistry work she had on it a couple of years ago (veneers)just what you want with all the Xmas bills coming in in January - she is not happy
Posted 20 Dec 2011
Vas
Model
Vas
HowardJ

I agree that a woman should be able do whatever she likes with her own body. my point was more you have to make the decisions on implants, surgeons, etc. very carefully. in this case it would have been hard to not pick the PIP implants as they were presented as being just another type of implant and nobody having them could have known there were any issues with them.

Comment wasn't aimed at you Howard.

RE: the implants in the story, it sounds like even shopping around and getting more opinions from other surgeons wouldn't have helped, if 30,000 women were affected!
Posted 20 Dec 2011
The french implants problem was known about 18 months ago and the Telegraph reported it here.
If anybody has implants they should be able to go back to their surgeon or clinic and specifically ask whether they uses the French implants. Their records should be able to tell you what was used.
As with any cosmetic surgery, there are risks. There are people who have had fillers or botox that go 'wrong' or ops which did not turn out as expected.
The emphasis always seems to be on boobs though !!!!

Posted 20 Dec 2011
Redmond_Photography
Photographer
Redmond_Phot..
Vas

'Don't agree'? This isn't abortion or the mass-production of beef, it's what women choose to do with their own bodies, and affects nobody else at all.

Yes, I totally agree with the fact that women can do what they like with their body as I have stated in a different thread about the 'muff march'

All I'm saying is my opinion. Which is, I don't like implants. What's wrong with that?
Posted 20 Dec 2011
Edited by Redmond_Photography 20 Dec 2011
PG_Photographic
Photographer
PG_Photograp..
There is a difference between "I don't agree with breast implants" and "I don't like implants".

It may be arguing over semantics and what was written may not have conveyed the meaning intended but the former suggests that you don't believe they should be available for people to have the choice whereas the latter just states a personal preference.

Having said that when I read your first statement I did have visions of you having a heated debate with a pair of breast implants.

Posted 21 Dec 2011
Edited by PG_Photographic 20 Dec 2011
Redmond_Photography
Photographer
Redmond_Phot..
PG_Photographic

There is a difference between "I don't agree with breast implants" and "I don't like implants". It may be arguing over semantics and what was written may not have conveyed the meaning intended but the former suggests that you don't believe they should be available for people to have the choice whereas the latter just states a personal preference. Having said that when I read your first statement I did have visions of you having a heated debate with a pair of breast implants.

I apologise for for not wording correctly.

I'm glad to see your sense of humour
Posted 21 Dec 2011
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
The French Government have offered free removal operations as there is a 5% chance of rupture.

The British Government have said that the risk is 1%.

I am more inclined to beleive the French Government rather than the same British Government who hid the link between Mad Cow Disease and human varient CJD.

The danger is not cancer but it is risk of Rupture and the leaking of Silicone into the Body which is not good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16311763
Posted 23 Dec 2011
Alister
Photographer
Alister
pinkbuildingphotography
The French Government have offered free removal operations as there is a 5% chance of rupture. The British Government have said that the risk is 1%. I am more inclined to beleive the French Government rather than the same British Government who hid the link between Mad Cow Disease and human varient CJD. The danger is not cancer but it is risk of Rupture and the leaking of Silicone into the Body which is not good. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16311763
By that logic I wouldn't trust the French Government because they sunk a Greenpeace ship and collaborated with the Germans in WWII.
Posted 23 Dec 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join