Chubby Knees!

12 posts
13 Dec 2011
River
Model
River
Despite being a slim size 8, Ive always had quite chubby knees (yes I know...its a funny thing to pick up on!). It might be me being too critical, but there's no harm in self-improvement! Im just wondering (obviously without using surgery) if there are any specific exercises that may help, or is it just genes to blame?
Thanks,
River
Posted 13 Dec 2011
Edited by River 13 Dec 2011
BicycleRacer
Photographer
BicycleRacer
River
just genes to blame !
Posted 13 Dec 2011
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
or swolen - could be retaining water in your knees - best to ask a doctor ?

Posted 13 Dec 2011
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Iconic

As in pre-patella bursitis?

Doubt it. Wrong kind of shape and also painful, so she probably has chubby knees. Better than having Spike Milligan's knees. QV. Puckoon.
Young people, don't bother, I acn't be ar*ed to explain.
Posted 13 Dec 2011
River
or is it just genes to blame?
Genes I'd say. I've got my Pops' legs complete with knobbly, chubby knees. I don't worry about it.
Posted 13 Dec 2011
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Without pictures this thread is ................
Posted 13 Dec 2011
RussFreeman

Are you sure? I mean isn't a photography based forum the best place to get legal, medical and spiritual guidance?

I find its the best place to ridicule legal, medical and spiritual guidance.
Posted 13 Dec 2011
Not really a lot you can do...It's mainly hereditary/genes. Shy of getting some definition in your quads, you're probably being overly self-critical. The one problem with working your quads is they'll look quite muscley...which would alter your look. As to the positive/negative impact of that, it's down to you.

I'd leave 'em...though.

Just Sayin'...

Posted 14 Dec 2011
Lots of glamour models in the past have had less than perfect legs...so they just did 3/4 length shots...
I wouldn't worry too much... You are a beautiful young lady!
However...
This might be of help River...http://forums.vogue.com.au/archive/index.php/t-144305.html
Posted 14 Dec 2011
shapeman
Photographer
shapeman
It really could be worse imagine if you had a big nose!!!!!! chubby knees are not the end of the world. I also have nothing against big noses.

Posted 14 Dec 2011
Thigh muscle exercises will tighten the knees above the knee cap, as it is all interconnected.
Having had physiotherapy for my knee in my younger years I know a bit about this, and it works.
EG cross trainer, rowing machine or leg lifts that use the big muscle on your thigh , you should be able to feel the tension to get benefit from it.

Having looked at your photos, don't think you have anything to worry about but if are conscious of it, this may help.

And somethings you just have to accept, knees are hardly worth worrying about !!!!

Posted 14 Dec 2011
Iconic

Tell you one thing River, it sure isn't water on the knee...I had that when 22...was walking through a shopping mall and a shop frontage fell on top of me...remember praying that I hadn't broken my neck...the people there moved me, and shouldn't have, before the ambulance arrived. Thankfully ALL I received was a very painful, swollen, few weeks of water on the knee...

None of your lovely pictures reflect the fact you think you have chubby knees...You are a super  natural looking gorgeous model.devil
Posted 14 Dec 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join