My new book

18 posts
5 Dec 2011
schotz
Photographer
schotz
I just received my new book from Blurb which I'm very pleased with. It's 120 pages of art nude and portrait photography covering the period from 2007 when I first joined a model website to 2011.

It's a personal project so I'm not expecting to sell it but for anybody interested here is a link to preview it.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2695273

Posted 5 Dec 2011
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
An amazing collection of truly creative images which you must be really proud of Scott,well done.
George.

Posted 5 Dec 2011
schotz
Photographer
schotz
Thank you George it took a while to put together but I'm with the result.

Scott

Posted 5 Dec 2011
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
I,m half way through mine but then iv,e been half way through for over a year!!

Posted 5 Dec 2011
schotz
Photographer
schotz
Mine took four years to complete so you have plenty of time left. Once I decided to get it done it was quite intense spending hours sat at my desk going back through old hard drives. Deciding which ones to leave out was the hardest part.

Scott

Posted 5 Dec 2011
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisaster
Excellent work, wouldn't look out of place in any book store.

So how does it work? Is Blurb like Red Bubble tshirts where the print doesn't "exist" until someone buys it?

Posted 5 Dec 2011
jbwalton
Photographer
jbwalton
gsphoto
I,m half way through mine but then iv,e been half way through for over a year!!
Only half way through???? Id have thought you could make up a dozen books from your cutting room floor so to speak..... youve got soooooooo many great images. Even a miserable sod like me would buy it when its done
Posted 5 Dec 2011
schotz
Photographer
schotz
cambsfetish
Excellent work, wouldn't look out of place in any book store. So how does it work? Is Blurb like Red Bubble tshirts where the print doesn't "exist" until someone buys it?
Thanks for your comments. I'm not sure how Red Bubble works but with Blurb you can make it public or keep it private, it's up to you to decide. Just download their template and choose from the printing options, it's that simple. I have done three books with them and always choose the hardback covers and upgrade the paper. I figure if I'm spending a lot of money to photograph models it would be crimminal to scrimp on the book. Scott
Posted 5 Dec 2011
gsphoto
Photographer
gsphoto
jbwalton
Only half way through???? Id have thought you could make up a dozen books from your cutting room floor so to speak..... youve got soooooooo many great images. Even a miserable sod like me would buy it when its done
Thanks JB, The trouble is that when i sit down i can,t decide what to leave out so i walk away from it !!
Posted 5 Dec 2011
fantastic work scott,a great range of amazing work and models.i so admire your work.well done.x

Posted 5 Dec 2011
schotz
Photographer
schotz
shazza09
fantastic work scott,a great range of amazing work and models.i so admire your work.well done.x
Thank you Sharon Your latest work with B&S is superb and would grace any book of art nude models. Scott
Posted 5 Dec 2011
I think its lovely and shows just how much range your work has! Really chuffed I was a part of it too now you need to get working on the next one.
Posted 5 Dec 2011
schotz
Photographer
schotz
Chrissie_Red
I think its lovely and shows just how much range your work has! Really chuffed I was a part of it too now you need to get working on the next one.
Thanks Chrissie that early morning trip to Portland and The New Forest is still a very fond memory. Scott
Posted 5 Dec 2011
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Great stuff Scott.

Posted 5 Dec 2011
BREADANDSHUTTER
Photographer
BREADANDSHUTTER
HEY SCOTT
LOOKS GREAT AND A HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU
ALWAYS LIKED YOUR WORK AND SEEING IT PUBLISHED OR HUNG IS THE REAL WAY TO ADMIRE IT.
I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK WITH IT

Posted 5 Dec 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join