Lip Plumping?

20 posts
2 Dec 2011
Hello! Hope your all well on this cold evening *cries* .

Okay so I get annoyed that my lips won't be plump! I want to increase the size of them but want a product that at least has some effect so I am wondering if anyone knows of a good product? I've tried a variety but some work a little but not a lot if I am honest my Blistex lip moisturiser works best so far!!

Please help me laugh
Posted 2 Dec 2011
i havnt found one that works, but if i scratch them then put gloss over the top they look bigger but it tingles like mad
ratisha

Posted 3 Dec 2011
SimonFairclough
Photographer
SimonFairclough
Deepheat...???? lol
Posted 3 Dec 2011
SimonFairclough

Deepheat...???? lol

Hahaha would possibly work but hurt ... a lot ... blush
Posted 3 Dec 2011
Mimi_C
Model
Mimi_C
rattusratus

i havnt found one that works, but if i scratch them then put gloss over the top they look bigger but it tingles like mad ratisha

errrr.....Yeah then get someone to punch you in both eyes and you don't need eye shadow either :|
Posted 3 Dec 2011
Troydennison
Make Up Artist
Troydennison
It took me a while to stop laughing after reading Mimi's comment - the lady's dead right though.
Scratching your lips is actually damaging them so of course they're going to swell - it's not a good idea at all.

To the OP - I haven't found a product I like yet (and half the stuff out there tingles like crazy - which I would find incredibly distracting). Anything you apply lip gloss wise will need re-applying after a while. You can cheat a plump lip look with two tones of lippy (one slightly lighter as a highlight) and gloss over the top.
But quickly glancing at your port - your lips look fine to me.

Posted 4 Dec 2011
Troydennison

It took me a while to stop laughing after reading Mimi's comment - the lady's dead right though. Scratching your lips is actually damaging them so of course they're going to swell - it's not a good idea at all. To the OP - I haven't found a product I like yet (and half the stuff out there tingles like crazy - which I would find incredibly distracting). Anything you apply lip gloss wise will need re-applying after a while. You can cheat a plump lip look with two tones of lippy (one slightly lighter as a highlight) and gloss over the top. But quickly glancing at your port - your lips look fine to me.

Thanks laugh.

I have done highlighting across the cupid bow and it really does work just doesn't last long . Will try the two tone, I don't mind the tingling of the plumpers but not many work, been looking for reviews on plumpers found out some bits and bobs .

Thanks!
Posted 4 Dec 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Hazel, is this the look you want?

Here's her story (yes it's the same person)

A woman desperate to look like Jessica Rabbit has won the dubious honour of being in possession of the world's biggest lips after having 100 silicone injections.

Kristina Rei, 22, was convinced her thin lips made her ugly so she opted to have them enlarged in the style of her favourite cartoon character, at a cost of more than £4,000.

Posted 4 Dec 2011
gerryquiff

Hazel, is this the look you want?

Here's her story (yes it's the same person)

A woman desperate to look like Jessica Rabbit has won the dubious honour of being in possession of the world's biggest lips after having 100 silicone injections.

Kristina Rei, 22, was convinced her thin lips made her ugly so she opted to have them enlarged in the style of her favourite cartoon character, at a cost of more than £4,000.

Hell no! Nothing like that 

Just a little plumper smiley
Posted 4 Dec 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Hazel_Ashton

Hell no! Nothing like that 

Just a little plumper smiley

Consider my marriage proposal nul and viod then 
Posted 4 Dec 2011
gerryquiff

Consider my marriage proposal nul and viod then 

How could you  
Posted 4 Dec 2011
I like Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker, i think if you use the plumpers regularly you start to notice it more (obviously only as long as you are using them though) but that's just anecdotal i.e. people have told me that my lips look plumper when using them.

Posted 4 Dec 2011
JadedRed

I like Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker, i think if you use the plumpers regularly you start to notice it more (obviously only as long as you are using them though) but that's just anecdotal i.e. people have told me that my lips look plumper when using them.

I hear this is supposed to be good, may be worthwhile investing smiley
Posted 5 Dec 2011
JadedRed
I second this.. But don't go for the colour ones as above, go for the silver tube that's £2 odd more and is called XXL Pucker or something... It's usually on the same shelf! Most lip plumpers are really expensive but these are great for the high street. If you have a higher budget then go for, 'Du Wop's Lip Venom'.. If you can get hold of it that is! I have genuinely used nothing better, and i have tried them all. If you genuinely don't mind the tingling these things cause, and it doesn't cause you major discomfort like it does to some, then snap it up! It's a tad pricey at £17 odd though, considering the tube is tiny! (about 2" long from memory!), but i'm a firm believer in buy cheap, buy twice, and the effects of this last quite a long time! Good luck and let us know what you go for!
Posted 5 Dec 2011
Edited by Ellamae10 4 Dec 2011
Ellamae10

If you have a higher budget then go for, 'Du Wop's Lip Venom'..

Do it! It's so your colour sad
Posted 5 Dec 2011
Edited by Redmond_Photography 4 Dec 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join