Photographer
Darkmoda
I just did
Posted 15 Nov 2011
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Big Brother is out there!

Not sure why you'd want that to be honest. You're bored and go browsing various profiles and then get inundated with messages saying 'Hey! Noticed you looked at my profile would you like to shoot? My rates are...'.

Posted 15 Nov 2011
stemyers
Photographer
stemyers
yes your right,got e reply yesterday from a message i sent 6 months ago saying yes to a shoot

Posted 15 Nov 2011
barone
Photographer
barone
stemyers

it would be good if you knew who had looked at your profile

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....please god .....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posted 15 Nov 2011
Gfun
Photographer
Gfun
Perhaps an option to switch it off as sometimes it could be useful (similar to linked in)

Posted 15 Nov 2011
kenp
Photographer
kenp
Not guilty.

Posted 15 Nov 2011
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotography
barone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....please god .....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hell noooo .. This would be an awful addition
Posted 15 Nov 2011
emirose
Model
emirose
I'm not keen on the idea to be honest, it'd over complicate things. Keep it simple
Posted 15 Nov 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
NO, NO, and thrice, NO.

Posted 15 Nov 2011
hahaha the reason everybody is saying NO (me included) is coz we all guilty of the equivilant of "facebook stalking" we dont want people to know we check up on them
Posted 15 Nov 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Josh_Woodcock_Photography

hahaha the reason everybody is saying NO (me included) is coz we all guilty of the equivilant of "facebook stalking" we dont want people to know we check up on them

Do we really want to know who's slavering over the nudes etc.....in our port 
Posted 15 Nov 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
I can't imagine it matters much really? If you're scouting for a photographer, or a model, then you go find one, look at their work, maybe check work they've done with others.......thats the point of the site.

if you decide to message, leave a compliment, book, ask a question of someone, well, you just do. if you've no interest in working with them or any dialogue, then you don't.

What would be the point of providing some measure of how many other members viewed your (member viewable) profile, then decided not to interact in any way?

I regularly browse and search to see who's about, check out what other photographers are shooting, see how models contribute to good pictures, but if I happen across a port that makes me shudder, i move on sharpish, what point in letting someone know 'profilepictures felt unable to say anything nice, so he didn't say anything' in some cyber (un)popularity contest?

Theres enough of that stuff goes on in threads already i think, variants of 'who thinks who is great?' etc, for us to add to if we want, without 'who's of little or no interest' data.

Just to add a bit of controversy, it seems so lacking recently...why is anyone embarrassed at the suggestion a tog or model might think along the lines of 'woah! She/he is a brilliant model/photographer, I'd like to shoot with him/her' Its hardly stalking is it, and not really an unnatural reaction from a human or aesthetic point of view, what's with all the coy malarkey?

Posted 15 Nov 2011
Edited by profilepictures 15 Nov 2011
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
Got to go with the no vote. Cannot face the thought of finding I only get one visitor every three months and then discovering I was the visitor.

Posted 15 Nov 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
profilepictures

............... but if I happen across a port that makes me shudder, i move on sharpish...............

.....but only after saving it as a "favourite" in a special section smiley
Posted 15 Nov 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join