mistake with hair

11 posts
6 Oct 2011
Yesterday morning I had longish brown hair and it was great.

i got it in my head i should go blond, cause I've been blond before and fancied a change since losing weight and had it cut to my shoulders.

I love the cut but the colour is a disaster, the hairdresser did it beautifully I just realise now how I suit being darker.

Anyway,how long should I reasonably wait to correct this? 6-8 weeks ?

I don't want to ruin my hair by dyeing it all the time,
char

Posted 6 Oct 2011
Yeh I'd wait if I were you. As they tend to advise leaving it at least 6-8 weeks before you dye it again xx

Posted 6 Oct 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Wait a good while or your hair will be munted.
You don't want that

Posted 6 Oct 2011
Meh, I have dyed mine again on the same day in a panic-! Lol. It was fine after for me
Posted 6 Oct 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Artemis_D5

Meh, I have dyed mine again on the same day in a panic-! Lol. It was fine after for me

Its not the same for everyone.
I guess if you have looked after your hair then its fine.
If you straighten/curl it to death and nuke it with heat etc then I would leave it a while.
Posted 6 Oct 2011
i dont use lots of heat on my hair only 2 times a week do i straighten it and i use special heat protection from salon but i think as i paid quite a bit i will keep colour for the 6-8 week period.

Posted 6 Oct 2011
gilliac
Photographer
gilliac
There's no need to be hasty; it's not a case of life or death. I would wait a few weeks, in the meantime you may get to like it when you get used to seeing it in the mirror.

Posted 6 Oct 2011
Serena
Model
Serena
Artemis_D5

I'd go back and ask them if they can reverse it safely and satisfactorily.  There's nothing worse than hating one's hair.
Posted 6 Oct 2011
jes
Model
jes
I've changed me hair colour 3 times in one day.  I'm far too impatient to wait!

Posted 6 Oct 2011
Serena
I'd go back and ask them if they can reverse it safely and satisfactorily.  There's nothing worse than hating one's hair.
its not their fault the cut is great colour is nice, i just dont like it compared to my dark hair. I've washed it now and getting used to it, just need to change my makeup, using a nice blue eye shadow suits the blond.... my usual pale lips/dark eyes makes me look washed out with this blond hair.
Posted 7 Oct 2011
Raziela
Model
Raziela
jes
I've changed me hair colour 3 times in one day.  I'm far too impatient to wait!
Likewise. I've spend a whole day doing nothing but strip one colour, bleach, dye and repeat just because I didn't like it. Lol. (went from purple, red, blonde, black and back to red) All I can say is to invest in an intensive conditioner and your hair should be fine
Posted 1 Nov 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join