Powerplate - Has anyone tried it?

Powerplate - Has anyone tried it?

9 posts
2 Oct 2011
NinaDee
Model
NinaDee
I just signed up to a powerplate studio membership, they do pole as well, so I've started doing an hour on the pole and then 25 min powerplate session.
Has anyone tried powerplate workouts? is it as effective as it's supposed to be?
Posted 2 Oct 2011
River
Model
River
I was wondering the same thing. One of my boyfriend's friends is using it and she looks fab, very toned. Apparently if you use it for too long it can do more harm than good, as it spasms your muscles. Not exactly sure how it works but if any more information comes out of this topic it would be very helpful!

Posted 3 Oct 2011
_Maz_
Model
_Maz_
I'm a fan of the powerplates - seemed to work for me, doing a 10min session everyday.
(as far as I've heard, you're not meant to do more than 15mins at a time...I may well be wrong though)
Haven't been for a while, but really should get back into it along with being at the gym a few times a week.

xX.maz.Xx

Posted 3 Oct 2011
NinaDee
Model
NinaDee
Just came back from my 2nd session, and can really feel the burn! I think as long as you do it under supervision, it should be fine (for instance you shouldn't lock your knees, keep your back straight etc) I also met a girl today who apparently lost 7 pounds after 4 sessions of powerplate! she said she's not altered her diet whilst doing it. I will keep you guys up to date with my progress as well.

Posted 3 Oct 2011
A personal trainer in my work swears by them, he said they do everything they say they do. Easier than exercise either way!

Posted 3 Oct 2011
I wonder if it's possible to get carpal tunnel/RSI in your butt... (ignore the grumpy cynic in the corner, if you're getting results, you're getting results!)
Posted 3 Oct 2011
I've heard they are good, I wonder if my whirlpool bath with airjets has the same effect ? I have usually done 1-1,5 kickboxing or half an hours run before getting in the so not sure.

Posted 3 Oct 2011
Redmond_Photography
Photographer
Redmond_Phot..
I use it for a bit at the gym, I was very sceptical at first thinking how can a vibrating machine help.

Then I got on and squatted for 5 minutes on low vibrations and my thighs were burning like crazy! Now I use it at the end of my workout for 10 minutes, it's extremely good to use.

Posted 3 Oct 2011
yes its brilliant...great for the circulation and general fitness. People with back problems, and anyone having had a back accident, should avoid it though until they have spoken to their GP and got the all clear!

Posted 4 Oct 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join