Exercise - an odd question

Exercise - an odd question

15 posts
10 Aug 2011
Hey all!
I have a bit of an odd question regarding exercise.

I currently live in a flat with people living below me and as such struggle to carry out any cardio exercise at home (due to the noise it causes).
I go for a jog now and again but often find it inconvenient as I dont want to get up at silly o'clock in the morning, am not in the kind of place you can run in the dark (safety) and don't like to do it at around the time everybody is taking their kids to school lol.

I was wondering if anybody knows any exercises that get the blood pumping that would'nt make too much noise for downstairs!?

also any effective tone up moves would be greatly received!

Thanks all! Have a good day!

Lilly
x
Posted 10 Aug 2011
SerenDigital
Photographer
SerenDigital
You could get a cheap exercise bike. I use my normal bike on a turbo trainer stand quite often, works well!

Posted 10 Aug 2011
jes
Model
jes
If I were you I'd just go running when the school kids are out, then you can burn more calories dodging them!

Posted 10 Aug 2011
Em_Jay
Model
Em_Jay
Heya, I'm a personal trainer so can help you out. I'm happy to do you a free programme if you like?!
Pm me if its something you're interested in.

Em x

Posted 10 Aug 2011
Oh dear feel for you. When I was expecting my first child , needed the loo in the night as you do and also went into early labour a few times and got up and ran baths, had a relaxing drink or phoned hospital a few times and the lady in the flat below ( thin floor ) complained!!!!

Good suggestions above. Execise bike or rowing machine ,if the floor is stable and won't creack or run at a convienient time,
Pilate is good for toning up. Is there a local cheap leisure center where you could do a cardio class or go swimming?

Posted 10 Aug 2011
Thank you for the replies! Unfortunately I dont drive and dont have any free cash as I am a mere student lol I found that doing kicks while putting my hands up and down works quite well but am getting bored of the same thing haha Also do not have space in a small flat for exercise machines (or the money to buy them!)
Posted 11 Aug 2011
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Try bodyrock.tv - might still be a little noisy in a flat, but great exercise, and free
Posted 11 Aug 2011
Do sit ups?

Also I don't know how it would affect the people below you, but I find that the dancing games on the Wii get me working up a sweat. Also Wii Fit is handy as it talks you through exercises. Obviously providing you have a Wii.

Posted 11 Aug 2011
I don't think you have much option that isn't buying an exercise bike. Charity shops often have them or cross trainers or step machines (I used to work in one), or you could get one through the ads in the paper? or you could buy an actual bike (secondhand maybe?) that must suck having people complain though!

Posted 11 Aug 2011
starr8
Model
starr8
Look in your local paper for cheap machines. I could always lend you my 3 children who provide me with more then enough exercise....lol x

Posted 11 Aug 2011
DamagedRoses1987

Do sit ups? Also I don't know how it would affect the people below you, but I find that the dancing games on the Wii get me working up a sweat. Also Wii Fit is handy as it talks you through exercises. Obviously providing you have a Wii.

Please, PLEASE do not do this on a hard floor (no, carpet won't do either)...if you're going to, at the very least roll a small towel and have it sit in the small of your back, if you can't afford an AbMat (they're like £30 so hardly a quick buy) at the very least do that....PLEASE!
Posted 11 Aug 2011
Moorlane
Photographer
Moorlane
there are 2 fitness centres near me.Competirion is fierce between them as a result of which one of them is doing 10 quid for the month with no contract or joining free.It might be worth checking out your local fitness places?

Posted 12 Aug 2011
Miss_P
Model
Miss_P
a yogalates dvd, sit ups, the plank anything like that x

Posted 23 Aug 2011
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
I'm not a big fan of the machines and my trainer makes me do alot of body weight training. I think a Swiss ball and dumbbells should be enough to get you started. And em's offered to do you a program for free! I say take her up on it
Posted 23 Aug 2011
SerenDigital
Photographer
SerenDigital
TravellingToast

I'm not a big fan of the machines and my trainer makes me do alot of body weight training. I think a Swiss ball and dumbbells should be enough to get you started. And em's offered to do you a program for free! I say take her up on it

Swiss balls shouldn't really be used without proper tuition, you can damage yourself quite badly if you're not quite sure what you're doing!
Posted 23 Aug 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join