East Anglia - Mods and togs evening out.

East Anglia - Mods and togs evening out.

It seems this conversation has now been locked
36 posts
8 Aug 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Planning a get together and networking evening for photographers and models from the East Anglia area, a chance to meet outside the forum or studio setting, exchange ideas and arrange new projects.

It'd be good to hear from anyone who might be interested in coming along, from any area really.

Venue will be in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. Relatively easy to get to from Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and  Herfordshire;Only 1hr20 mins from London Redbridge by car. Depending on numbers we'll go for an evening, or whole day event.

Posted 8 Aug 2011
onebadpuppy
Photographer
onebadpuppy
Sounds good to me, count me in.

Posted 8 Aug 2011
jes
Model
jes
Will there be cake?

Posted 8 Aug 2011
SerenDigital
Photographer
SerenDigital
Will keep tabs on the thread and see when you decide to do it.

Posted 8 Aug 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Puppy, cool, it'll be good to have a heavyweight tog in attendance.

Jes, I have to mind my figure, cake is optional.

Seren, hope you can make it. I'm hoping to get it done in August, is a weekend or evening thing more attractive for folk?

Posted 8 Aug 2011
SerenDigital
Photographer
SerenDigital
profilepictures

Puppy, cool, it'll be good to have a heavyweight tog in attendance. Jes, I have to mind my figure, cake is optional. Seren, hope you can make it. I'm hoping to get it done in August, is a weekend or evening thing more attractive for folk?

Me and the other half couldn't be in Bury until about half nine during the week because we work in London, but obviously weekdays might be more convenient for others.
Posted 8 Aug 2011
onebadpuppy
Photographer
onebadpuppy
I think we can count on Neil Baxter to put in an appearance, for one, I owe him a pint, and if I doesn't show, I will spread a rumour that he has turned "gooner".

As for the venue, I think the Morton Hall pub would be a good choice, a nice pub and very easy to get to from the A14. I hear they do a very nice Black Forest Gateau and a belting Death by Chocolate.

Posted 10 Aug 2011
I would have been up for this (could only have done Saturday nights) but have just retired, so no longer count as a model... so can't be.
Posted 10 Aug 2011
ChrisCobb
Photographer
ChrisCobb
I'm Bury St Edmunds born and bred, currently decamped to just over the county border but love any chance to go back.

Weekday evenings are not usually a problem and weekends are possible too.

Posted 10 Aug 2011
ajc07977
Photographer
ajc07977
I am absolutely up for this . It is so depressing that this corner of the country often feels such a long way away (i.e. far more than it actually is) ... than the Mecca for the 'creative types' that is London.

Looking forward to who else will be attending + meeting some new faces for a change*

Andrew

EDIT:  *it would be nice to see you again Chris and Felicity (+ Daniel, who I have not yet met) - old PS / NM old-timers !??
Posted 10 Aug 2011
Edited by ajc07977 10 Aug 2011
ajc07977
Photographer
ajc07977
profilepictures

;Only 1hr20 mins from London Redbridge by car
[/qt

A bit random ... but I am from Hainault originally (so Redbridge is a familiar district) ... and I worked at a Volvo dealer a few roads from where I lived, for my 1st car sales post.

I can confirm that the drive time is very 'do-able' ... but only at 'better' times of the day or night 
Posted 11 Aug 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Jeez Andromeda, you do more retiring than Rip Van Winkle!

Posted 11 Aug 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Oh......just seen your note on retirement. That's one tiny space at the bar no one will be able to fill.
Posted 11 Aug 2011
N_A_Photography
Photographer
N_A_Photography
Count me in
Posted 11 Aug 2011
jonluton
Photographer
jonluton
Sounds good, count me in as well.

Posted 11 Aug 2011
It seems this conversation has now been locked