Last minute clearing house

Last minute clearing house

7 posts
22 July 2011
Macman
Photographer
Macman
Sometimes I find myself with a day off and would like shoot. A normal casting call doesn't always work rapidly enough to sort something out.

Might it be possible to have a casting call clearing house where photographers and models can put themselves into an 'available today pool' and then once pairings are made, they drop off the list. Details such as 'can work at home' or 'studio available around the corner' become particularly important to sort things out last minute.

I know I'd use such a facility - perhaps others would too. Or perhaps others feel that the existing casting call system works well enough and I'm not drawing full value from it.

Thanks

Paul

Posted 22 July 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
I was amused recently. A model advertised "Shoot today" I replied at 09:30 the same day offering to be there in an hour - and she had logged off!

She finally read it at 1 o'clock. Never did get a reply!

Posted 22 July 2011
starr8
Model
starr8
I think that's it a great idea and it would be good to see if it would work.

Posted 22 July 2011
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
mph

I was amused recently. A model advertised "Shoot today" I replied at 09:30 the same day offering to be there in an hour - and she had logged off! She finally read it at 1 o'clock. Never did get a reply!

Maybe you were beaten to it wink
Posted 22 July 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
+1 Good idea

Posted 22 July 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
Lifescapes

Maybe you were beaten to it wink

Could be. As she was unlikely to get a zillion responses an answer eventually would have been appreciated. Still - I may not suggest a shoot again.............
Posted 22 July 2011
TMG
Photographer
TMG
Good idea.

Posted 22 July 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join