makeup brushes - which are the best

makeup brushes - which are the best

15 posts
11 Nov 2007
Hi all,

Have asked for a good set of makeup brushes for an xmas present, can you suggest which are best? want something thats going to last a long time but not nasty plastic rubbish!

Posted 11 Nov 2007
Benefit brushes are really good, It's about £16 for the medium size brush.
Posted 11 Nov 2007
my poor grandparents are gonna ave heart failure when they realise how much its gonna cost!

Posted 11 Nov 2007
face_forward
Make Up Artist
face_forward
Bobbie brown brushes are fab

Posted 13 Nov 2007
lisataylor_mua
Make Up Artist
lisataylor_mua
I'd recommend taking a look at www.crownbrush.co.uk

There are several sets on there to suit different budgets, and the quality is very good.....they should last a long time.  I plan to treat myself to the master studio set when I have the spare cash happy5 

www.screenface.com sell a starter set of brushes for only £27.50 which is fairly good quality and value...if clients I giving a make up lesson to ask where to buy a basic set of brushes I recommend these. 
Posted 13 Nov 2007
I swear by Mac brushes, a little expensive but well worth it... love6
Posted 13 Nov 2007
I'm another Benefit junkie....havent had one thing from them that hasnt been absolutely amazing. And my whole make-up bag is Benefit so thats a pretty good success rate!

Posted 13 Nov 2007
Lizzie_P
Photographer
Lizzie_P
Yes, another vote for benefit. Benetint and high beam are well worth the money!

Posted 13 Nov 2007
nsilver
Model
nsilver
body shop brushes!!

Posted 14 Nov 2007

Ruby and Millie at Boots- fantastic, top quality and not quite as expensive as Mac or Benefit.

Posted 18 Nov 2007

Benefit brushes are great for using if your not a make up artist!  They are shaped to give even colour and prosice colouring.

Although body shop brushes are amaziningly soft and also come in a lil set!

Posted 22 Nov 2007

ive tried alot of top brands as im training to be a professional makeup artist.

the best are MAC, bobbi brown and some philosophy ones are good. Body shop ones are good if you are on a budget but i really do suggest MAC and bobbi brown

Posted 30 Nov 2007
pippa_in_pink

Hi all,Have asked for a good set of makeup brushes for an xmas present, can you suggest which are best? want something thats going to last a long time but not nasty plastic rubbish!
Mac brushes are amazing happy1
Posted 30 Nov 2007
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Frost1986

Ruby and Millie at Boots- fantastic, top quality and not quite as expensive as Mac or Benefit.

Agree!!
Posted 8 Dec 2007
i'd say mac brushes are best from my experience

Posted 8 Jan 2008
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join