Southend - Another Day at the Seaside

Southend - Another Day at the Seaside

It seems this conversation has now been locked
16 posts
30 June 2011
Is anyone up for another social down by the crisp, clear waters of the Thames Estuary?

And would we like to do the beach side walk again or just go straight to the pub?

Suggestions for dates are welcome , I'm thinking the 6th August.
Posted 30 June 2011
Hello?

I'm sure some of you PSers came last time, why so silent good monsieurs?
Posted 2 July 2011
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Are the waters of the Thames estuary realy crisp and clear?

Posted 3 July 2011
Edited by paulford 3 July 2011
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
I went to Southend once. It was quite nice and there's a castle with kids groups and a nice boaty place by a meadow just out of town. No-one sold winkles in plastic cups.

It's sort of like norfolk except there aren't any Norfolk barges, and there's Kent a few miles away not Belgium over the horizon.

Takes ages to drive to from west London. I think the estuary airport is a great idea.

Posted 3 July 2011
Id love to but getting there will be tricky
Posted 3 July 2011
paulford

Are the waters of the Thames estuary realy crisp and clear?

Only one way to find out...
Posted 3 July 2011
cziiki

I went to Southend once. It was quite nice and there's a castle with kids groups and a nice boaty place by a meadow just out of town. No-one sold winkles in plastic cups. It's sort of like norfolk except there aren't any Norfolk barges, and there's Kent a few miles away not Belgium over the horizon. Takes ages to drive to from west London. I think the estuary airport is a great idea.

You didn't go to Old Leigh, loads of winkles in plastic cups there.
Posted 3 July 2011
Toxicherry

Id love to but getting there will be tricky

If anyone wants to come by train, we'll probably be meeting at Leigh station on the c2c line.
Posted 3 July 2011
Update...

Okay so if we've settled on the 6th August who still wants to come and who would want to meet at 1ish at Leigh and who would want to meet a bit later in the pub?

Posted 26 July 2011
kpg
Photographer
kpg
My choice might vary depending on the final plans, and potential other plans, but I'd probably be aiming for the 1ish arrival idea personally.

Posted 27 July 2011
*bump*

Posted 27 July 2011
Anyone wanting to come is welcome to PM me their mobile number and i will text/call you beforehand to check you are coming/not lost/not running late.

Posted 28 July 2011
Okay, if people who want to come wish to send me their mobile numbers i will get in contact on the day to check you are coming/check if you're running late/check you're not lost. This is not a requirement but could be helpful.

If i get 10 people to confirm with numbers i will wear a themed costume and look like a complete tit to make me easy to find. An offer you cant refuse, right?

Family, friends, other halves are welcome.

We will meet at Leigh station at 1pm, the trains run fairly frequently from London Fenchurch Street on the c2c line (every 15 minutes i think), apparently there is free parking available. We will then move down the along the beach past ice cream stands, church groups and semi-naked OAPs, we might not get the weather for paddling this year but bring a towel anyway in case we decide to push someone in and its you (joking! maybe....), dont forget your sunscreen, then we have the pier the arcades and the funfair followed up by the pub. Those wishing to joing us in Southend should probably give me their phone number to help facilitate meeting up, the best bet is on Chinneries at about 4ish but is subject to change depending on my whim.

For the return journey you can get on the same c2c line from Southend central (i will direct anyone there who doesn't know where it is), please bear in mind when you buy return tickets you will need to either get them to Southend or purchase an additional one to cover the Southend-Leigh part of the journey, drivers who parked at Leigh and do not wish to walk back can jump on the train at Southend and get off about 3 stops later back at Leigh. Oyster cards are not valid at this end of the C2c line.

Posted 28 July 2011
A quick note, i'm away at the minute so my replies may take a while, so the usual situation really, but Saturday is still on and i will try to check online a few times before then.

Posted 2 Aug 2011
Another bump for last minute peoples.

Posted 4 Aug 2011
It seems this conversation has now been locked