Adding 'Favorites Option' Proposal

Adding 'Favorites Option' Proposal

18 posts
27 June 2011
lke
Photographer
lke
On a number of occasions I've asked models about a shoot and they have said they have seen and liked my work but did not know how to approach me, becasue they were unsure if I would be interested in using them.

Both girls were already on my favorites list, therefore my proposal is this: when you add a favorite there is a tick box option to allow you to let the other person know you have added them as a favorite.

As a tick box those who want to add favorites in secret can do so - those who want to make it easy for models to approach them can do so.

Gav

Posted 27 June 2011
Edited by lke 27 June 2011
sounds good to me. Kind of like having Lists on MM.

Posted 27 June 2011
garymck
Photographer
garymck
is this a " Request for friendship” button?

Posted 27 June 2011
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I suggested something similar about two years ago HERE
Posted 27 June 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
It might be better if it could include some comment that you would like to work with the person. Perhaps two tick boxes - TF - or paid. I hate it when people have 10,000 plus friends on MM.
Posted 27 June 2011
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
mph

I hate it when people have 10,000 plus friends on MM.

(I ignored his request when I joined)
Posted 27 June 2011
Edited by RedChecker 27 June 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
I keep having to refuse 16 year olds who want to "friend" me! Well - I don't have to - but in view of "grooming"
Posted 27 June 2011
Edited by mph 27 June 2011
lke
Photographer
lke
My thoughts are not about it being friends, or friendship requests button, importantly nothing public, no lists of who is who's favorite for others to see - the default being completely discrete and not to tell the other person they are on your favorites list.

If others are like me photographers who's style I like I've got in favorites - models who may be useful are also there split into categories.

I would not go so far as it being a tacit offer of work - for me it's just a possible maybe for the future if the circumstances are right and the right project arrives.

Posted 27 June 2011
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
I think publicly viewable "Lists" would be a better feature to add. Then models can see which lists they are on and contact photographers directly who like their work.

Posted 27 June 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
mph

I keep having to refuse 16 year olds who want to "friend" me! Well - I don't have to - but in view of "grooming"

I'm 46 I just look 16 
Posted 27 June 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
gerryquiff

I'm 46 I just look 16 

No - I meant girls! smiley
Posted 27 June 2011
Do you mean that when a person views your page they can see that they are on your favourite list?

Like when you go on a person's page and you have previously added them to favourites?

That would be a good idea.

Posted 27 June 2011
lke
Photographer
lke
pinkbuildingphotography
Do you mean that when a person views your page they can see that they are on your favourite list? Like when you go on a person's page and you have previously added them to favourites? That would be a good idea.
Not quite, when you add someone as a favorite there is an option to notify that person (with a mail or system message) to let that person know that you have added them to your favorites. So if for example I added you as a favorite I would have the choice to send you an automatic message saying ......'lke has added you to his favorites list' . An extension of that is your idea that if you (and you only) went on my page you could (with my consent) see if you were on my favoirtes list.
Posted 27 June 2011
Edited by lke 27 June 2011
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
Please can we also have 'Enemy' and 'Avoid' lists? Then we can send someone a notification when they're added to those too...
Posted 28 June 2011
PUNKuate
Photographer
PUNKuate
Surely if you want someone to know you want to work with them, you can message them and tell them?

Posted 28 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join