Nasty Haircut.

21 posts
26 June 2011
I wanted a treat so I thought I'd go get my haircut [seeing as it's been like 6 months since my last cut], I paid the extra to have a senior stylist, only to have you ruin my hair. She cut about 4 inches off my length claiming I had terrible split ends [which I know I didn't] and instead of feathering the ends she's cut it straight across.
I'm virtually in tears about it and I know it's 'only hair' and 'it'll grow back' but I can't go outside without putting it in a ponytail because I hate how short it is.

Anyone know of a website that does cheap hair extensions or any ways to make hair grow faster?
Posted 26 June 2011

Wait a few days and see how it sits and feels then, I don't think she would have given herself more work by lying about split ends. With the ends off it will make your hair sit nicer and maybe even promote growing you never know. I have always cried when ive been given a dramatic cut but it usually grows 4x faster after the cut and I got used to it.

Posted 26 June 2011
jbwalton
Photographer
jbwalton
I was once told that every bad haircut was only 2 weeks away from a good one ....... wait and see DONT jump at drastic measures too soon
Posted 26 June 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
kirstykannibal

I wanted a treat so I thought I'd go get my haircut [seeing as it's been like 6 months since my last cut], I paid the extra to have a senior stylist, only to have you ruin my hair. She cut about 4 inches off my length claiming I had terrible split ends [which I know I didn't] and instead of feathering the ends she's cut it straight across.
I'm virtually in tears about it and I know it's 'only hair' and 'it'll grow back' but I can't go outside without putting it in a ponytail because I hate how short it is.

Anyone know of a website that does cheap hair extensions or any ways to make hair grow faster?

You can't make hair grow faster
Also I wouldn't recommend cheap hair extensions(fake ones) if you have to have extentions go for real hair ones.
However I doubt your hair is as bad as you think!!!!!
Posted 26 June 2011
Mimi_C
Model
Mimi_C
pauls-hair-world.co.uk are doing great discount. Get the more expensive ones though as they're worth it if you want them to last. However i'm sure your hair isn't that bad, give it a few weeks
Posted 26 June 2011
celtic_iron
Photographer
celtic_iron
You should post a pic, bet it doesn't look bad.

Posted 26 June 2011
Serena
Model
Serena
You'll be surprised how quickly it'll grow back and it'll probably be better for that (by your standards) severe cut. Hair grows quicker in the summer and you'll got a bit less to bother you during the hottest bit of the year now. Two positives!

Posted 27 June 2011
BaileyK

You can't make hair grow faster

Yes you can, just try getting old, it grows at a furious rate, just not where you want it to grow

Im sure your hair isnt as bad as you think
Posted 27 June 2011
jes
Model
jes
Did you tell the stylist at the time that you weren't happy?  She may have been able to alter it a little bit for you. Can you post a pic?  I'm sure it looks fine to other people, it's just that you get used to having it a certain way.

Posted 27 June 2011
Edited by jes 27 June 2011
If you went to a decent salon, you can generally go back in and say you're really not happy and they should give you a free restyle, hope that helps.

Although as others have said wait a few days and give yourself a chance to get used to it

Posted 27 June 2011
Thanks guys, it's not a bad cut I just really don't like it on me. It's very 'Jessie J-esque' and I tend not to suit straight lines in hairstyles, it's too harsh for my face shape.

I'm just keeping it in a ponytail for a couple of weeks, seeing as I have to tie it up for work anyway.

Posted 27 June 2011
I know how you feel. If i only want a wee tiny bit off my hair trimmed not even an inch thats what they do. After all your the paying client, they should do what your paying them to do. They should not take it into their own hands with out discussing it with you.
As for feathering did she not give a reason why she didn't do this. They may not do this because your hair had split ends this tends to make them worse as the hair is  alot thinner after being hacked into with thining scissors. But she should of said to you.

I hate it when hairdressers  do what they want to your hair. Ive had a few bad experiences with my hairdressers. normally because they don't listen and are to busy gossiping with others around them.
Posted 28 June 2011
SerenDigital
Photographer
SerenDigital
Jody_Maginnis

I hate it when hairdressers  do what they want to your hair. Ive had a few bad experiences with my hairdressers. normally because they don't listen and are to busy gossiping with others around them.

See, I'm completely the opposite.  I look for style and originality at a salon, along with high placing competition entries for creative competitions.  I like to go to a hairdresser who I can turn up and go "Do something fun with it" and they just cut it.  I think you always get their best cuts this way, because they're free to experiment and be creative as well as trying out ideas they've seed in magazines which might not be mainstream yet.  I get funky hair, they get to exercise their creative side and it's win-win!

It's a bit like being a photographer really.  If you're a model and you go to a photographer and tell them exactly how you want the shots to every last detail, you're not going to get their best work.  You don't know enough about photography and the photographer isn't going to be happy because they're not being allowed input and creativity.  If you let them go wild with their ideas, the work will be a million times better from a creative photographer.

But as an extra point, whenever I've had a haircut I didn't like, they've always corrected it for me, no charge.  Even when I've tried things out I wasn't sure of, if I go back two days later after living with it they quickly change that bit for me, no fuss.
Posted 28 June 2011
SerenDigital

See, I'm completely the opposite.  I look for style and originality at a salon, along with high placing competition entries for creative competitions.  I like to go to a hairdresser who I can turn up and go "Do something fun with it" and they just cut it.  I think you always get their best cuts this way, because they're free to experiment and be creative as well as trying out ideas they've seed in magazines which might not be mainstream yet.  I get funky hair, they get to exercise their creative side and it's win-win!.

I think because the reason with me is that ive always had long hair and always will until have the guts to get it chopped off. I dont mind them playing with my hair and doing things with different  but no cutting or colouring unless its what i ask for. lol

Ive just moved hairdressers to one that cost me double what i was paying before. im £30 just for again less than an inch is cut off.lol  and £80 for cut and colour. So i know im paying for qaulity and if i wanted a funky cut these would be the people i would trust.

But for now i can not part with my long hair.  as im just not brave enough to go for something different lol

Posted 28 June 2011
This is why I'm lucky to have a younger sister who's a hairdresser - she knows if she does something I don't want then she'll be in trouble!  She almost didn't dare cut off the foot of hair I wanted rid of, kept asking me if I was sure right up until the scissors hit.  She even fought my corner when her boss said he thought my streak would look silly and again when he said I shouldn't bother curling it - she did what I wanted anyway and managed to do it so well that he took back all his objections afterwards.  But I'm also lucky that she's talented, so when I literally said 'don't let me end up looking stupid' she just rolled her eyes and said 'as if!'  I gave her a rough outline of what I wanted and then told her to do what she had to do to get my hair to a similar end result.  And it worked really well!

OP, when you say straight lines don't suit you, do you mean the clean cut ends, or do you mean the hair itself is too straight?  Have you tried putting a bit of texture into it to see what you can change it into?  Try curling or waving it a little, or even just messing it up with some product and see if you can create something interesting with it

Posted 28 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join