How about a competition ?

How about a competition ?

It seems this conversation has now been locked
23 posts
9 June 2011
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
As there's lots of negativity on the forums and some people have some more spare time during the summer along with longer daylight hours how about a competition along the following lines:

Models & photographers who wish to enter put their names forward and are split into regions so less travelling.

Each photographer gets paired with a model from their region randomly (draw can be done by mods)

A random 'theme' for the shoots is also chosen from a list of submissions with everyone working to the same theme.

Each team of model/photographer then has until end of August to get together and submit 1 image of their interpretation of that theme. Nobody charges for their time.

Winner chosen by team of moderators (If Purestorm or anyone else wishes to donate a very small reward that would be good but not essential as just a bit of fun which would get people together).

It would mean you will get to work with someone you may not normally work with and people can be creative.

There could be a minimum 3 checkable reference criteria for photographers to ensure model safety as best we can and models work to their own levels but no adult.

Wouldnt take much organising.

Thoughts?

Posted 9 June 2011
Student
Photographer
Student
NIce idea.
Posted 9 June 2011
Kortexx
Photographer
Kortexx
Student

Nice idea.

+1
Posted 9 June 2011
PUNKuate
Photographer
PUNKuate
Good idea, but models and photographers might not want to work with who they are paired with, then it becomes awkward.

Posted 9 June 2011
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
PUNKuate
Good idea, but models and photographers might not want to work with who they are paired with, then it becomes awkward.
I can appreciate that and if you've a genuine grievance against who youre paired with we can sort out a replacement but if you've fallen out with nearly everyone in your region then its probably not worth entering.
Posted 9 June 2011
I think it's a great idea.

I agree that it could become awkward if a model and photographer are paired together but don't want to work with each other for what ever reason, but then if that's the case then maybe they shouldn't enter because that is a possibility? Just my 2 pence worth though!

Posted 9 June 2011
sounds a good idea

Posted 9 June 2011
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Without thinking too hard about it I can envisage a whole host of potential problems with that idea, and I bet it would be a nightmare for the moderators too. This is Purestorm after all, not Utopia.
Bob
Posted 9 June 2011
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
I love the idea, however i am sure the facilities available to each photographer will vary greatly and would severly limit the range of photographers realisticaly able to enter.

Re who works with who.If  you cannot except the pairing given, do not enter.
Posted 9 June 2011
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Sounds like a really good idea could also bring in more potential work for models as you could piggy back your competition shoot with another shoot .
Posted 9 June 2011
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Brilliant idea!

often wondered why we don't do competitions generally anyway?

if theres one for making a tea towel look like a chicken, I might even win.....

Posted 9 June 2011
Badger
Photographer
Badger

Sounds like a good idea to me  

cheeky

Posted 9 June 2011
I wanna pair up with Trev
Posted 9 June 2011
PUNKuate
Photographer
PUNKuate
Bigfish3311
Re who works with who.If  you cannot except the pairing given, do not enter.
Think the issue would be more models not wanting to work with someone they found creepy or someone they had heard bad things about.
Posted 9 June 2011
IRONBLOKEMAN
Photographer
IRONBLOKEMAN
Lets do it.Suggest we pair a model with a photographer they have not worked with before or vice versa.It is more of a challenge then for both.
Could also ask in addition all photographers and models to choose their favouite photograph

Posted 9 June 2011
It seems this conversation has now been locked