GAME - MUSIC CLUB

GAME - MUSIC CLUB

10 posts
7 June 2011
Vish87
Photographer
Vish87
So I thought I would start a game and am prepared for it to be a train wreck but oh well, and oo did not know there was a game section in the forums already lol.

Anyway I've noticed my music collection hasn't expanded in a long time and I love listening to new artists so I thought I would get you kind people to help.

The premise is that you list 5 songs you've been listening to in the last week and other members recommend a song you may not have heard of which you may like based upon the song history.

For example -

-----------------------------------------------------------
-
-Song's i've been listening to this week
-1. Barbra Streisand - Ducksauce
-2. We No Speak Americano - Yolanda Be Cool, D Cup, Nabildon
-3. This is my Life - Edaward Maya
-4. Show Me Love - Steve Angello & Laidback Luke featuring Robin S
-5. Good For Me - Above & Beyond-
-

Another member would then reply with

-
-@Vish87 (this clarifies who the selection is targeted at)
-Recommendation - Tiesto - Adigo for Strings
-(Additional comments - optional if you want add more info about your recommendation)
-
-Song's i've been listening to this week
-

And so fourth. Obviously I'll start as my 5 songs are already listed!

Please do not mock people's music preferences and try to not steer off topic. Also if you disagree with any of the structure instead of whining please simply do not participate.

Thanks

Posted 7 June 2011
Paigeyy
Model
Paigeyy
@Vish87 Katy B ft. Ms. Dynamite - Lights On. 1.Hollywood Undead - Bullet 2.Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare 3.Kelly Clarkson - Because of You 4.The Pretty Reckless - My Medicine 5.30 Seconds to Mars - This Is War
Posted 7 June 2011
@ Paigeyy Rise Against - Swing Life Away 1, Working 9 til 5 - Dolly Parton 2, Your Song - Elton 3, Valio la Pena - Marc Anthony 4, Vissi d'Arte - Maria Callas 5, Fix Up, Look Sharpe - Dizzee Rascal
Posted 7 June 2011
Paigeyy
Model
Paigeyy
Thanks Lady_Galaxy will check that one out
Posted 7 June 2011
Oops I killed the thread!

Posted 10 June 2011
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
@Lady Galaxy

Erm....  Ghetto Gospel because it unites rap (back in the days when it was good) and Elton John.  It has a story outlining tragedy and hope, as you may find in an opera also, it's from America, the country where country originated and a country that has a large Hispanic community...  That's about as tenuous as they come, but if you will write such varied lists...

As for me, this week has been a varied one but I've really been feeling:

In Bloom - Nirvana
Da Mystery of Chess boxin' - Wu Tang Clan
Tail Gunner - Iron Maiden
State of Clarity - Guru
Mexican Mavis - Boy and Bear

P.s...  Good on you for naming the Elton version of your song and not that rehash by that little scratty ho bag that just tried to fudge it up mega fun time...  Now I don't have to kick you! cheeky
Posted 10 June 2011
Good choice! I love that song, already got it in my iTunes, not listened to it for a while though. I am a 2Pac fan indeed also pianos. and I'm Christian. and love Elton. Dang. This is a good song. You should see me chair dancing right now!! gonna admit, I have listen to a broad spectrum, I thought we could recommend songs based on any of the 5? Now I might've got this totally wrong, but I'm gonna suggest Paradise City by Guns n Roses. Gonna hog the thread again :P I'll try and be a bit more mainstream. 1. November Rain, GNR 2. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers 3. Somethin' Stupid - Frank Sinatra 4. Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson 5. Stranger in Paradise - Tony Bennett
Posted 10 June 2011
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
lady_galaxy92

Good choice! I love that song, already got it in my iTunes, not listened to it for a while though. I am a 2Pac fan indeed also pianos. and I'm Christian. and love Elton. Dang. This is a good song. You should see me chair dancing right now!! gonna admit, I have listen to a broad spectrum, I thought we could recommend songs based on any of the 5? Now I might've got this totally wrong, but I'm gonna suggest Paradise City by Guns n Roses. Gonna hog the thread again :P I'll try and be a bit more mainstream. 1. November Rain, GNR 2. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers 3. Somethin' Stupid - Frank Sinatra 4. Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson 5. Stranger in Paradise - Tony Bennett

It is an awesome track indeed!  I was working with a kid in the week who said he loved rap, he then followed that up with the most offensive statement I have heard this year, something about his favourite "artists" bring lil wayne and pitbull...  I mean, lil wayne?????  Frickin lil wayne?!?!?!?! why I do declare I nearly interred that douche bag 6 feet below there and then....  I went back the next day having put some classics on my phone to educate him, sigh.

I thought the game was to find a recommendation based on an your list and any common tastes you see?  I was also going to go down the Freddie/Montserrat route and offer Barcelona or maybe something from the Jerry Springer Opera for novelty value.

Paradise city is good, but it has to be used sparingly...  So easy to wear it out.

But since you're hijacking I'm going to have another shot too...

How about a counter to Bill Withers, Where Did You Sleep Last night (I couldn't find the Leadbelly/Guthrie version but that's my favourite...  Nirvana did a great cover on their Unplugged album)

Again, for me...  

Seether - Veruca Salt 
Beat Your Heart Out - Distillers
Porch - Pearl Jam
Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangster - Ghetto Boys 
Placebo - Nancy Boy
Posted 10 June 2011
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Thanks, I enjoyed that and that's one hell of a list you have there, I could listen to jazz for days.

I got into Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts a while ago, really like a couple of their tracks like Tank and What Planet is This?

H
ard to get good quality clips of their tracks though...

I've had my turn already so please **Skip this post**
Posted 11 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join