Bloating

21 posts
6 June 2011
River
Model
River
Just wondering if anyone knew of anything to relieve bloating? My stomach tends to be nice and flat in the morning/midday and gets more bloated during the day. On days in which I am shooting lingerie/swim wear I tend to eat very little (usually just a handful of nuts for energy/banana), but even when I drink I tend to bloat. Why is this and what can I do to prevent it?

Posted 6 June 2011
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Have you tried not eating the nuts / banana?

I've tried loosing weight by only eating a piece of fruit in the mornings myself and know that bananas make my stomach swell like a balloon so I can only assume I have a food intollerance to bananas.

Posted 6 June 2011
River
Model
River
Well I need somethin for breakfast, and I mainly have them to give me energy for the shoot...I have tried eating other things aswell, now I think about it bananas don't really work that well
Posted 6 June 2011
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Maybe try protein instead - for example, a slice of ham or chicken, or a drink of milk. People's metabolisms vary. Protein on its own will keep me going for a long time - as soon as I add carbs (sandwich!), I digest it much faster.

Posted 6 June 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
What do you drink missy?
I used to get bloated and I am intolerant to milk (I hope you aren't as I bloody miss ice-cream haha) x

Posted 6 June 2011
River
Model
River
Thanks Hugh. I have IBS so if I eat too much fibre/carbs I tend to bloat, so try and stay away from cereals/breads/pasta. I mainly drink green tea (and have done for about 3 years). Bailey, if I was milk intolerant I would actually cry!!

Posted 6 June 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
River

Thanks Hugh. I have IBS so if I eat too much fibre/carbs I tend to bloat, so try and stay away from cereals/breads/pasta. I mainly drink green tea (and have done for about 3 years). Bailey, if I was milk intolerant I would actually cry!!

It is gutting!
Unsure if it would be any good for you but both of my parents had health problems.... They went to a company who does intolerance testing through a blood test..
My mum has colitis(BUT no longer suffers like she used to)
My dads problem completely went.

They show foods you should avoid and they will be numbered 1-4(4 being the ones you should deff avoid!) Unfortunately my mums 4's included chocolate!
Its not cheap but if you feel better then it might be worth your while xox
Posted 6 June 2011
River
Model
River
My mum has colitis to! What company was that? Surely you could get the same (or similar) testing through the NHS?

Posted 6 June 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
River

My mum has colitis to! What company was that? Surely you could get the same (or similar) testing through the NHS?

The NHS don't test for many foods. (Well not when my mum wanted it done)
Excuse the spelling(I can't remember how its spelt) Brampton Scientific. (These guys test hundreds)
Unfortunately their website isn't up

x
Posted 6 June 2011
River
Model
River
Thanks Bailey I should write a list of the foods that made me bloat for future reference.
Posted 6 June 2011
Go to the doctors and tell them about it tell them how frustrating it is and ask if they can give you something for it I had a similar problem was painful to and I am now taking tablets for it they work a treat having no problem with it now really.
Posted 6 June 2011
Vas
Model
Vas
Not eating breakfast is a really bad idea - especially if you're trying to lose weight. People tend to eat between 300-600 more calories during the day if they don't eat breakfast, and eating fruit (with lots of fructose in it) causes insulin spikes which will make you more worn out.

Eat eggs for breakfast! Lots of them, and any other protein you can get your hands on, with lots of water. You don't go through the energy troughs and peaks like with sugary foods, and you'll feel full longer.

As for the bloating, I used to get this when I ate more simple carbs - switch to complex and you may see a difference.

Posted 6 June 2011
River
Model
River
Thanks.

I always eat something for breakfast, just trying to find something that doesnt cause me to bloat is difficult. I love eggs but they are not always convienient, especially if i am in a rush.

Posted 6 June 2011
starr8
Model
starr8
I always have a homemade fruit smoothie. You can add what ever you like in it.

Posted 6 June 2011
Try pineapple or juice if it's easier.

I tried it for a week;

pineapple once a day.

It has something in it that helps break down your food and is not a big gas creator like apples and pears ect.

Hope this helps.

Alice

Posted 6 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join