Casting calls

23 posts
5 June 2011
This may have already been answered before but I can't seem to find the post.

Is there a limit to how many almost identical castings models and photographers are allowed to make on a weekly basis?
I rarely post up casting calls partly because most of my work comes directly from people messaging me but also because If I posted daily then it would push back other peoples castings (considerate eh?). I see the same castings nearly everyday from some users , sometimes more than 1 in a day - they might be deleting one casting the second its off the front page and making another. Is this abuse of the system or is it the best way to get your castings seen?

Chrissie
Posted 5 June 2011
ciaran
Photographer
ciaran
Sorry
Posted 5 June 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Chrissie, you also missed the 19 in 1 day casting a week or 2 back.

Posted 5 June 2011
Bob
Photographer
Bob
gerryquiff

Chrissie, you also missed the 19 in 1 day casting a week or 2 back.

I think it was actually around 19 inside an hour - and every one was slightly different, so it wasn't a mistake.

Some people will stick two fingers up at everyone else on the grounds that they are Speshull.

Bob
Posted 5 June 2011
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Chrissie

Your latest casting call is for region "United Kingdom - Scotland" which does not appear to be on the list of regions to select when searching casting calls, so the only way to view the casting is to look at All castings. It may be more effective to select a particular Scotish region for your casting.

Posted 5 June 2011
Where would you say Perth is located - region wise? I have went for North-East in the past but its not actually very North, I would say Aberdeen/Inverness would fit better under the "north/east" category..I guess I'm central Scotland but thats not an option to select. Sadly I missed the 19 in one hour although it doesn't actually surprise me. I much preferred the older casting call system!
Posted 5 June 2011
Got it, just figured north east is also not an option so I'm going for "east"..

Anyhow back to question -
is it ok to post almost identical castings on a daily basis?

Posted 5 June 2011
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Chrissie_Red

Got it, just figured north east is also not an option so I'm going for "east".. Anyhow back to question - is it ok to post almost identical castings on a daily basis?

If you live on the border of two regions, then create a separate casting call in each region, possible a few days apart.
Posted 5 June 2011
tarmoo

If you live on the border of two regions, then create a separate casting call in each region, possible a few days apart.

I guess thats an option but I don't want people to view them and think "christ not another casting call, times must be tough"..
Which is what I think when I see the same person posting every bloody day. Like I said I feel its a bit of a shame on the other users if I push their castings back by hogging up the system.
Posted 5 June 2011
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Bob
I think it was actually around 19 inside an hour - and every one was slightly different, so it wasn't a mistake. Some people will stick two fingers up at everyone else on the grounds that they are Speshull. Bob
Was that when every casting on the front page was the same model with the same subject header? I thought that was a tab OTT.
Posted 5 June 2011
desyek
Photographer
desyek
I think one particular model has around 2 pages of currently active casting calls since they joined at the end of April.

As for those that are 'inactive' but have been posted in this time, one can only speculate, but from the frequency I've noticed them being posted, it's probably at least 1/day.

I was always under the impression that there was a 'fair usage' policy for castings and that members were 'not permitted' to have many castings up that are almost identical with no 'end date'.

With all this in mind and the way that any castings that I put up get shoved off the front page within 5 minutes, I am starting to wonder if the original forum based casting call system was better - at least it gave us some laughs when it was clear that some people couldn't be bothered to read or even do research...

Posted 5 June 2011
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
desyek

With all this in mind and the way that any castings that I put up get shoved off the front page within 5 minutes, I am starting to wonder if the original forum based casting call system was better - at least it gave us some laughs when it was clear that some people couldn't be bothered to read or even do research...

I rely on the assumption that models have casting notifications set up for the area in which I'm posting so, if they use the system well, dropping from the main page shouldn't be a massive worry...  That said, I don't get any replies anyway so I guess it's true, assumption can be the mother of all fudge ups.
Posted 5 June 2011
Bob
Photographer
Bob
As a matter of interest, do many photographers actually use the Casting Call Notifications facility? I know that I haven't bothered with it for quite some time as I got a bit fed up repeatedly receiving the same e-mail advertising that BessieBigBoobs (made up name) was offering to flashgash4cash on a near daily basis. Of course the downside to this is that I won't receive notifications of any really interesting offers out there unless I remember to check the list, but that is possibly more likely to affect those models who are using the system in a less selfish manner than BessieBigBoobs.
Bob
Posted 5 June 2011
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Bob

As a matter of interest, do many photographers actually use the Casting Call Notifications facility? I know that I haven't bothered with it for quite some time as I got a bit fed up repeatedly receiving the same e-mail advertising that BessieBigBoobs (made up name) was offering to flashgash4cash on a near daily basis. Of course the downside to this is that I won't receive notifications of any really interesting offers out there unless I remember to check the list, but that is possibly more likely to affect those models who are using the system in a less selfish manner than BessieBigBoobs.
Bob

I live on the border of Cambridgshire, Northamptonshire and Lincolnshire, literally, I live in a N'hants county council, have a Cambs post code and a Lincolnshire dialling code and can only have my profile appear in one region (they fall into 2 regions) so I have set up notifications for 2 regions, just a shame I never feel I fit the requirements for any of the castings.... sigh, but at least I know they are there.
Posted 5 June 2011
j_forbes
Photographer
j_forbes
For once I'm with crissie red on this one, I think it's a abuse of the casting call system, and it's annoying to keep seeing the same model post a casting call
Over and over.
Also the models that have free membership looking for tfcd, but only wanting paid work seems to be happening more then ever.

Posted 5 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join