Hyper links

11 posts
27 May 2011
Johnathons
Photographer
Johnathons
How can I do hyper links so you just want to click to go to a web page.

Posted 27 May 2011
SouthernLight
Photographer
SouthernLight
I see no response here Johnathons .. Can I try again?

Having just joined the site I see other ports with a photographer's website hyperlinked on their Profile page. Having entered the full URL into the website field it has refused to display as expected. Cannot see a check-box to allow hyperlinking anywhere. HELP please ....
Mark

Posted 15 Nov 2011
Edited by SouthernLight 15 Nov 2011
Make sure you have selected the Rich Text Editor

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/editprofile.aspx
Posted 16 Nov 2011
PUNKuate
Photographer
PUNKuate
The hyperlinks on their profile pages are because they have a Gold membership. For some reason the mod is answering a different question.

Posted 16 Nov 2011
Edited by PUNKuate 15 Nov 2011
SouthernLight
Photographer
SouthernLight
Many thanks Lynn. Yes, I did wonder if the free account was limited like this. Now .. 'bout that smack ...
Mark

Posted 16 Nov 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
PUNKuate

The hyperlinks on their profile pages are because they have a Gold membership. For some reason the mod is answering a different question.

They did answer the OP's question. laugh(though perhaps not fully).

Once you are using the rich text editor (for a forum post you need to click on the icon and enter the url of the site you wish to link to in the url field.
Posted 16 Nov 2011
Edited by mph 16 Nov 2011
PUNKuate
Photographer
PUNKuate
mph

They did answer the OP's question. laugh(though perhaps not fully).

Once you are using the rich text editor (for a forum post you need to click on the icon and enter the url of the site you wish to link to in the url field.

You're also not answering the same question Paul. He says on his profile page
Posted 16 Nov 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
PUNKuate

You're also not answering the same question Paul. He says on his profile page

to you too

The OP said

"How can I do hyper links so you just want to click to go to a web page."

Which is why I said that they did answer the OP's question

I'll accept a box of chociolates instead of an apology.
Posted 16 Nov 2011
Edited by mph 16 Nov 2011
SouthernLight
Photographer
SouthernLight
I appreciate the interest but there are clearly two closely related requests running on the one thread. My fault! I felt that the original post was quite vague so I asked my specific question relating to my PROFILE page. Yes, I can see how to do it on a forum post but this doesn't seem relevant to my profile page as no such option exists , at least with the basic membership. I am assessing the value of this site for a while. Not impressed I must admit by the number of accounts that are months old since the last log-on.

Many thanks to WebModerator, PUNKuate and mph. Appreciated.
Mark

Posted 16 Nov 2011
mph
Photographer
mph
SouthernLight

I appreciate the interest but there are clearly two closely related requests running on the one thread. My fault! I felt that the original post was quite vague so I asked my specific question relating to my PROFILE page. Yes, I can see how to do it on a forum post but this doesn't seem relevant to my profile page as no such option exists , at least with the basic membership. I am assessing the value of this site for a while. Not impressed I must admit by the number of accounts that are months old since the last log-on. Many thanks to WebModerator, PUNKuate and mph. Appreciated. Mark

No worries mate! smiley

Yes  there are quite a few people simply use it to display their pictures but have no interest in using the site to source models or photographers. But it is hard enough to source models for us here - Alice might be a bit harder.

You could offer to pay travelling expenses................................ surprise
Posted 16 Nov 2011
SouthernLight

I asked my specific question relating to my PROFILE page.

To be able to add a Live Website Link on your profile page please click this link Upgrade Options  

SouthernLight

Not impressed I must admit by the number of accounts that are months old since the last log-on.
This issue has been addressed many times by Management and brought up again most recently here
Merged : Old Profiles

Posted 16 Nov 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join