Fish nibbling your feet treatment.

10 posts
27 May 2011
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff

The idea is that you put your feet in to a tank of tiny fish and they nibble off all the dead skin from your feet.

Has anyone tried this treatment? 

Is there a governing body membership the salon should be registered with? (I'm guessing you cant just buy a bag of fish and open the shop)
Posted 27 May 2011
It was Japanese thing, and they are called garra rufa fish, there is a place by me thats just opened that offers it. I want to go ^^

Posted 27 May 2011
Vas
Model
Vas
I'm planning to go at some point - need a pedi but hate people touching my feet, it seems like a good compromise.

Posted 27 May 2011
Definitely going, late birthday present I've got some friends that have done it, I think it sound really cool
Posted 27 May 2011
cornishman35
Photographer
cornishman35
A customer came in yesterday to my print shop and wanted T shirts made to advertise this treatment in their salon. Sounds a bit weird but each to their own.

Posted 27 May 2011
I wonder if there's a fish worker's union rep working within the fishy tank...because either they work in a shift pattern being rotated with starving fish in another tank....or they're left to devour stupidly till they're so full they pop!

Imagine being the poor customer who puts their feet in and the fish simply WON'T nibble! Do your feet stink through water? Do they have a flaky skin preference? Are they full?

The questions, THE QUESTIONS!!!

Posted 27 May 2011
Tidal_Kitten

I wonder if there's a fish worker's union rep working within the fishy tank...because either they work in a shift pattern being rotated with starving fish in another tank....or they're left to devour stupidly till they're so full they pop! Imagine being the poor customer who puts their feet in and the fish simply WON'T nibble! Do your feet stink through water? Do they have a flaky skin preference? Are they full? The questions, THE QUESTIONS!!!

YES! And do they change the fishy water for each person? Is this hygienic? At least I know my actual person pedicurist is licenced, and he paints my toenails prettily after!
Posted 28 May 2011
this is a wierd but womderful treatment. I have seriously tigglish feet so when i first put my feet in, it was hard to keep them in, but after a while it just feels like someones poking your feet gently. As for the water, i was the first customer so i dont know about fresh water, but at least there was no bits floating in the water lol

Posted 29 May 2011
I took my mum to have it done for mothers day and me and my brother got our hands done it was incredibly weird! took me a little while to get used to the feeling and my mums face was a picture but it really worked, my hands were lovely and soft. It is also really good for circulation and other things.
The shop i went to in Shrewsbury is called Tootsies (haha) the fish are called garra rufa fish, they dont bite but suck away the dead skin. The water in the tanks has a constant filtration system to keep the tanks clean and hygenic. People have to have their feet cleaned before they receive treatment too and then the feet are moisturised afterward with cream. Its a great experience i think.
Check tootsies out on facebook !

Posted 29 May 2011
Edited by SarahInTortureland 29 May 2011
Serena
Model
Serena
My son's tried it  in Chester and thought it was great ... think all the college students are having a go. I would do it regularly if there was one a bit nearer me although I would like to know if the poor little fishes are looked after properly when they are not 'at work'!

Posted 29 May 2011
Edited by Serena 29 May 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join