26 May 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
The Old Church, Wentworth
Theme: Medieval/Dark

Date: Saturday 23 July 2011
Time: 11am - 4pm

The Old Holy Trinity Church, Wentworth is a redundant Anglican church in the village of Wentworth, near Rotherham. It is partly in ruins and has been designated by English Heritage as a grade II listed building and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.

The CCT has kindly agreed to me hosting a group shoot at the church and within the grounds.

To cover the cost of this venue, photographers will be expected to pay £25, models - free.

Medieval/dark is the theme for this shoot and will be offered on a TFCD basis.

Photographers will be expected to supply model(s) with a CD of images within four weeks of the shoot.

This shoot is open to 12 photographers and 8 models.

Models will be expected to provide a suitable 'medieval' outfit, however, I am trying to arrange for some costumes to be available on the day.

Models will be expected to be on location at 10am in order to be ready for a prompt 11am start. I am trying to organise a large tent to be made available to act as a changing room for models.

A schedule will be drawn up nearer the time once numbers are confirmed.

In the village there are two pubs, cafe, village shop and a garden centre to purchase drinks/snacks etc

Please indicate your interest here.

Regards
Gill
Posted 26 May 2011
Webbo2
Photographer
Webbo2
Hi Gill, definitely interested.

Posted 26 May 2011
rjbradbury
Photographer
rjbradbury
Interesting Idea for a group shoot/meet. May be add some links to the website for the venue (if they have one) or a link to it on wikkipedia. That way people can get a feel for the location.

Posted 26 May 2011
RowePhoto
Photographer
RowePhoto
Hi Gill,

Checked diary, free for this too, so send me details and happy to be put on the listing as attending the shoot.

Link to church below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Holy_Trinity_Church,_Wentworth

Paul.
Posted 27 May 2011
Edited by RowePhoto 27 May 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
Hi Guys
I've added you both to the list - Jack and Paul.

Thanks Paul for adding link on wikipedia.

Richard - are you interested?
Posted 28 May 2011
Edited by DigitalG 28 May 2011
Donald
Photographer
Donald
This sounds like fun - any models interested yet?

Posted 1 June 2011
cstevens
Photographer
cstevens
Is this just the ruined church part? Iirc it's pretty much just a wall of a chuch?

Although still pretty cool around there....will check my diary always up for something different but just wondering if this is only the ruin then why such a high cost ?

Posted 2 June 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
Donald

This sounds like fun - any models interested yet?

Yes we have several models that have shown interest.  This is also being run through net-model and facebook.
Posted 2 June 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
cstevens

Is this just the ruined church part? Iirc it's pretty much just a wall of a chuch? Although still pretty cool around there....will check my diary always up for something different but just wondering if this is only the ruin then why such a high cost ?

Hi there, the church will be open for the day which I have to cover the cost for, and also I will have to cover the cost of the MUA and costume hire.
Posted 2 June 2011
Burrough
Studio
Burrough
Hi
I would like to attend this shoot - let me know what you need from me

Keith

Posted 18 June 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
Hi there Keith,
I am afraid you will have to go on the reserve list as this shoot is full now for photographers.  I will let you know if anyone drops out.
Thank you for showing an interest.
Kind regards
Gill
Posted 19 June 2011
back2basics
Photographer
back2basics
Hi Gill,

Could you stick me on the reserve list as well please, only just spotted this (gutted)

Thanks

Stu

Posted 28 June 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
HI there Stu - yes will add you on to the reserve list.
Thanks

Posted 28 June 2011
Webbo2
Photographer
Webbo2
Hi Gill, please remove me from the list and add whoever is first on the reserve list. Thanks.

Posted 28 June 2011
DigitalG
Photographer
DigitalG
OK Jack, pity you cant make it

Posted 29 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join