A week in rural France

12 posts
16 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
The models get the holiday - the photographers get the images and pay for the whole thing.

This casting is open to all female models offering artistic nude or higher levels, and all photographers looking for a great photographic holiday.

My daughter and son in law own a small 37 acre farm in Central France just north of the Haute-Vienne / Dordogne border comprising a three acre lake, covered in lily pads throughout the summer, four acres of woodland and the rest is open fields. There are two horses with stable, two donkeys, sheep, a few goats, geese and ducks, plus a rather cantankerous peacock.

[Photograph taken March 2008]

There is extensive secluded woodland and a number of other small lakes in the surrounding area, nearby is the historic city of Limoges, the world centre of the circus industry at Nexon and numerous public lakes with relatively secluded bathing.  Topless bathing is fine at all of them.  The ancient historic towns of Rocamadour and Brantome are an easy drive away.

Accommodation will be half board in local hotels and my daughter and son-in-law will provide light lunches for those around the farm at that time of day, plus a constant supply of tea and coffee.  Alternatively camper-vans and caravans may stay on site for a modest fee, however please note that there is a 4,500 Kg weight limit on the causeway approaching the house.

What is asked of the models is two and half hours shooting in the morning and two and half hours shooting in the late afternoon from Sunday through to Friday.  The rest of the time is their own.

We are proposing two one-week breaks, one in early July and one in early September.

We are hoping also to have a number of local models there to swell the numbers.  I am a member of the French model/tog site Book Foto.

Go to http://maps.google.co.uk and type in Nexon, France.  Zoom in just twice and you will see the word Valette near the bottom of the screen.  The lake at the farm is the small very dark green tear-drop shaped patch to the left of the word Valette.  Re-centre on that lake to zoom in closer.

What we are trying to arrange is that the photographers attending will provide transport for the models to keep costs down, (a car for photographers at least is an absolute essential), and that the photographers will pay for the models' accommodation and the costs incurred by my daughter and son-in-law.  You will be welcome to bring a partner, but you will also have to pay for that partner's accommodation and food and any additional transport costs.  If you want to bring the whole family then again you will be responsible for your family's food and accommodation costs.

IMPORTANT: the number of photographers attending will determine the cost, so we will calculate the cost per photographer when we have a clearer idea of numbers.  We accept that that may result in one or two drop outs.

As most hotels in this area are small, we can't guarantee to get everyone in one hotel, especially in July, but will do our best to get as many together as possible.

My daughter is fluently bilingual.  I speak very good French but, I'll admit, not as good as she does.

There will be a one-to-one photographer to UK model working ratio, and photographers will work with twelve different models over the course of the week, and vice-versa.

Models' stated levels will be respected at all times.

At the moment this is very much a case of gauging interest and the exact dates are not yet set in stone.

To prevent drop-outs models will be required to lodge a £100 deposit with us, which will be refunded to use as spending money in Euros on arrival.

Photographers will be required to pay a deposit of £100 on firm booking (non-refundable if you drop out less than four weeks before the week you are attending), and the balance four weeks prior to departure.

So please send me an email stating
  • your preference  for arriving July 2, July 9, September 3 or September 10;
  • whether you will come alone or bring a partner or the family;
  • confirming your willingness to travel with someone you may never have met before.
Posted 16 May 2011
Edited by bdfoto 16 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
First model up for this - Emzibaybee

Posted 19 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
So far interest as follows

Models:

Photographers:

BDFoto, and

Posted 20 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
And another model available September 0nly

TaraBeauty
Posted 20 May 2011
peacock
Photographer
peacock
Damm shame I will be out near Limoges early July to end of August just missing both Hope it works out for you though.
Posted 20 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
peacock

Damm shame I will be out near Limoges early July to end of August just missing both Hope it works out for you though.

Are you sure you won't be there in time for 9 July?
Posted 20 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
And there's more:

One model:

Bonno

One tog:

Tim Pile (September only)
Posted 20 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
Latest model to join the list:

Emma Jayne Reid
Posted 23 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
And another one:

Now we need more togs.
Posted 23 May 2011
Bonno
Model
Bonno
Yayyyyy Excited
Posted 23 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
Bonno

Yayyyyy Excited

Me too.  Now all we need to do is find the togs to make up the numbers.

As for togs' costs:

I said it would be one tog to one model ratio, so the togs will each pay for themselves and one model in terms of transport and accommodation.  Hence the reason for sharing transport.  And togs will need to bring a vehicle.  Hotels vary in price from EUR 45 to EUR 72 per night, but for a block booking I am hoping to get a good discount.  

There is a possibility that we might consider hiring somewhere on a self catering basis, which will not only reduce costs but also provide an extra shoot venue.  We are currently looking at a barn conversion near Gorre (available July 9, sleeps ,  The other possibility is a villa at Chamberet with swimming pool (available July 2, 16 and September 10, sleeps .  Both are about a fifteen minute drive. 

There is also space for about six caravans and camper-vans at the back of the barn - the big green rectangular thing north of the house on Google Maps.  The barn has an excellent power supply.

Apart from that the cost per tog for the facilities at the house will be £150 each for the week..

We are planning to include in that an arrival and departure barbecue.
Posted 23 May 2011
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
September is now looking the more likely

Posted 3 June 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join