New Look - Opinions

New Look - Opinions

13 posts
10 May 2011
I'm very tired of my look. Does anyone have any idea's about what I should do to "improve" myself?
Posted 10 May 2011
Dye your hair, stick a hole in your nose, get a tatt, gain/lose lots of weight, be in a car crash and lose an arm...

What do YOU want to do? It's your body, your face, your look, your modelling career; no one else can make these decisions for you.

Posted 10 May 2011
I'm asking for opinions, not for someone to make those decisions for me. Sometimes outside advice is helpful.

Posted 10 May 2011
IanHighlander
Photographer
IanHighlander
Might seem a bit left field, but you did ask for ideas. I think you'd really suit the 50s/60s pinup look.

Posted 10 May 2011
garymck
Photographer
garymck
Randiimzadi
I'm asking for opinions, not for someone to make those decisions for me. Sometimes outside advice is helpful.
+1 and Tansy is always asking for opinions.
Posted 10 May 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
What do you fancy a change in hair?
Clothing?
Body shape?
XOX

Posted 10 May 2011
Body shape is in the process of getting more toned. But I pretty much accept what body shape I am. I can't really change it. I'm more talking about hair and makeup styles. I think dark makeup suits me well but sometimes I think I might be a bit attached to it. As far as wardrobe goes that all depends on the shoot.
Posted 10 May 2011
garymck
+1 and Tansy is always asking for opinions.
Tansy eats opinions for breakfast. High in protein and fibre! My (poorly expressed) point was basically - I have no idea what you're asking here. Do you want to COMPLETELY change your look, up to and including permanent body mods? Do you want to take your modelling in a new direction and you're looking for styling advice? Do you know what type of modelling you want to do and are asking for advice on suitable looks (e.g. alt: funny hair is good)? Do you just want a new hair colour? "Look" is pretty vague. So is "improve". Improve by what measure?
Posted 11 May 2011
Edited by Tansy_Blue 10 May 2011
VenusC
Model
VenusC
I agree about the pin-up thing. I also think a short fringe would suit you.

Posted 11 May 2011
I suppose I'm confused as to whether to create a whole different look or just "tidy up". Uh, I think it's safe to say I don't know. I'm going through a "huh!?!?!" time. A fringe most definitely. It's always suited me in the past. I can't imagine other hair colours suiting me much given that my hair is naturally so dark. Perhaps I will feel better once I lose some weight. Thank you Tansy, you actually gave me a realisation
Posted 12 May 2011
River
Model
River
Hi Randi, I think you have a look which you could experiment with easily, there are plenty of options avilable if you looking to change your image. Find out what face shape you have, and then research into hairstyles and makeup ideas that would suit you. Personally I could imagine you with hair like this- You can stick with your dark hair, but maybe put in some chocolate highlights?? You have nice, clear skin- I'd love to see some nice makeup shots. Maybe work with an MUA to try out styles (e.g pin up, bronze goddess, english rose?). Show your versatility in your port. I hope you find a style that suits you
Posted 12 May 2011
Thank you, River!

That hair style is exactly what I keep trying to get done at the hairdresser but each time they never cut it short enough. I'm not sure what they're so scared of.

I'm going to start hunting down MUAs though. This is something I've been wanting to pursue for a while.

Posted 12 May 2011
River
Model
River
If you find a reputable hair salon (look up reviews- and if you see someone in a shop/school/bank etc who's hair you really like, don't be afraid to ask them where they got it cut/coloured!). Show the stylist the picture and ask them if they would be able to get your hair as CLOSE to that style as possible. You may need to pay a bit more and get your hair done by the senior stylist/ salon owner rather than someone lower ranking.
Good luck!

Posted 12 May 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join