dark cirles

11 posts
11 April 2011
i have a shoot on monday morning, im just wondering if there is any good make up that will hide the dark circles i have?

Posted 11 April 2011
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
kerri_808

i have a shoot on monday morning, im just wondering if there is any good make up that will hide the dark circles i have?

under eyes? sleep and cold tea bags aparently
Posted 11 April 2011
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
Iconic seems to have mastered the under eye cirle coverage LMAO
Posted 12 April 2011
DV8
Photographer
DV8
Not sure about the circles, but prep H works great on puffy eyes..lol

Posted 12 April 2011
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
dark circles different to puffiness, generally its a concealer job
Posted 13 April 2011
jes
Model
jes
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat.  (Radiant touch) It's about £22 but works well.  You can get cheaper versions by other make up companies but not sure how effective they are.

Posted 13 April 2011
Many people will say a good nights sleep lol ........ but there can be other factors. I have an illness that causes sleep deprivation and I know another model who has ME (or in basic terms chronic fatigue), so I used to have horrible dark circles under my eyes, whilst a light reflective concealor under the eyes helps (I used to use max factor - worked well for me), theres something Ive found recently that works wonders on my dark circles, I use garnier under eye roll on daily in the mornings (youthful radience range I think about £7 - 10 in boots or superdrug), its practically eliminated the dark circles I used to have =)

Posted 8 June 2011
YSL Touche Eclat, the Body Shop do a similar one but it's nowhere near as good, there are other cheap imitations that are crap. YSL is definitely the best I've tried so far. Expensive but worth it.

edit: great minds think alike, Jes!

Posted 8 June 2011
I swear by Estee Lauder 'disappear'. For me it works better than touche éclat, and is more versatile as it is a concealer too. Touche éclat shouldn't be used on blemishes as it has light reflecting particles which can actually draw attention to the area.

xx

Posted 9 June 2011
Edited by BexWhite 9 June 2011
HelenDouthwaite
Make Up Artist
HelenDouthwa..
Touche Eclat is effectively a highlighter but many do use it under the eyes as it brightens and does hide the darkness. You should use a normal concealer for blemishes etc. I swear by Touche Eclat and I use it on every job I get for photoshoots and also weddings. It's £24.50 but its worth it as you only need one click for one half of the face to highlight features.
Helen Douthwaite MUA

Posted 4 July 2011
lashestolockes
Make Up Artist
lashestolock..
I agree Touche Eclat is probably the one of the best products on the market for dark circles.
Try Benefit paste erase I have not tried it yet but it has good reviews.

Posted 19 Oct 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join