Should I get hair extensions?

Should I get hair extensions?

11 posts
31 March 2011
At the moment I have short hair but I'm thinking about getting hair extensions as there's more options of styling and there's loads of different looks that can be achieved with longer hair. From my pics, does my hair look too short to get it done? Could make my hair fall out x
Posted 31 March 2011
jes
Model
jes
I had extensions when my hair was as short as yours.  My hair didn't fall out!...the extensions were very expensive though.  I personally think your short hair suits you.  If you're consiering it for modelling purposes, most photographers hate extensions so only do it of it's for yourself.

Posted 31 March 2011
Get good quality human hair clip in extensions, then you could have them in for some shoots and not for others thats what i do
Posted 31 March 2011
Ooo good idea - but wouldn't it be a fuss taking them in and out all the time I like my short hair but I'd just like more choice of what I can do with it, yeah mainly for shoots.
Posted 31 March 2011
Lou_hamlet
Get good quality human hair clip in extensions, then you could have them in for some shoots and not for others thats what i do
+1 this is what I do But you do need to get good quality ones - the ones in Sally's aren't the best and they get ruined really quickly so aren't worth the money. A good quality full head set will set you back between £70-100 if you shop around but it's worth it. I paid £70 for a full head set of HeadKandi extensions, the quality is fantastic. They are abused on a regular basis on shoots with excessive backcombing and product, and they still look good Good luck! x
Posted 31 March 2011
Carley_xox

Ooo good idea - but wouldn't it be a fuss taking them in and out all the time I like my short hair but I'd just like more choice of what I can do with it, yeah mainly for shoots.

Well yeah it might be, but I would rather spend time putting them in and taking them out, opposed to knackering my hair with glue in ones
Posted 31 March 2011
Lou_hamlet
Well yeah it might be, but I would rather spend time putting them in and taking them out, opposed to knackering my hair with glue in ones
True!
Posted 31 March 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Only do it if it looks good,
I have seen people with your length hair with them and it looks awful!
You just need to right person to help you!
x

Posted 31 March 2011
BaileyK
Only do it if it looks good, I have seen people with your length hair with them and it looks awful! You just need to right person to help you! x
I know yeah, I mean because its so short it might be obvious that I'm wearing them. Like big natural hair on top then just long ... strands.
Posted 31 March 2011
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Carley_xox

I know yeah, I mean because its so short it might be obvious that I'm wearing them. Like big natural hair on top then just long ... strands.

EXACTLY what the girl in mind has,

If you went to the right person I am sure they could think of something.
Think about wigs...I got a great one the other day just for a laugh!
x
Posted 31 March 2011
I have to say - I had super-super short hair, shorter than yours, and I started wearing extensions to cover it because I absolutely HATED it with a passion (hair modelling gone wrong lol)... You just have to make sure you get them properly cut in and get them thick enough to blend in, nothing worse than seeing rat's tails! And the colour match is important as well I'm like, a seasoned expert on the bloody things, I've been using them since I was about 13, and my own family didn't realise my hair was short until last year!
Posted 31 March 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join