Has the feedback system been changed?

Has the feedback system been changed?

15 posts
27 March 2011
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I might have missed this update notification, but has the feedback system been changed recently?

I ask because it used to be that if you worked with a model several times and you wanted to leave feedback for each shoot you had to copy your previous feedback and paste into the feedback box and then add your most recent feedback otherwise the latest feedback would replace the previous one.  You also used to be able to correct feedback you'd left e.g. if you'd mistyped something

It now looks like you no longer need to copy the previous feedback into the feedback box and you get separate feedback sections for each shoot.  It also looks like you can no longer edit feedback you've previously and instead it creates another feedback record for whatever date you attempted to do the correction on.

Is this how the feedback system now works and is there a way to correct typos in feedback after you've left it?

Thanks
Posted 27 March 2011
Badger
Photographer
Badger

This has also puzzled me, yesterday I saw a models profile with two seperate references from the same tog, with the dates only three days apart, and two seperate smiley's.

I thought that I was seeing things.

Good way to get the reference count up though.

Trev
Posted 27 March 2011
northernstar074
Photographer
northernstar074
It looks like it has. I have just added feedback for a model that I have worked with twice and it has left my previous feedback and added the new feedback seperately
Posted 27 March 2011
Lenz
Photographer
Lenz
Me too! I have left feedback twice for the one shoot. I have contacted the Mods and I am waiting for their advice as to how I can delete the first one in favour of the latest one that has the corrections.

Posted 27 March 2011
Edited by Lenz 27 March 2011
ianbutty
Photographer
ianbutty
Providing we have the ability to correct typos, I think the idea of a per shoot feedback system is good.  I've had the situation before that my first shoot with a model has been great and on the basis of that would recommend, but the second shoot was a "No show with valid reason" which I never posted because it seemed unfair to wipe out all the positives of the first shoot, because it was a valid reason for the no show.

Posted 27 March 2011
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
ianbutty

Providing we have the ability to correct typos, I think the idea of a per shoot feedback system is good.  I've had the situation before that my first shoot with a model has been great and on the basis of that would recommend, but the second shoot was a "No show with valid reason" which I never posted because it seemed unfair to wipe out all the positives of the first shoot, because it was a valid reason for the no show.

I agree.  I just wanted to check how it's been implemented as I did one correction on one feedback just to fix a typo (now created a second feedback record) and post a second shoot feedback using the old current and paste method and the model now has one record showing feedback for "first shoot" and "second shoot" and the original "first shoot" feedback.
Posted 27 March 2011
Lenz
Photographer
Lenz
The Mods have since addressed my request and made the amendment for me.

Posted 27 March 2011
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
Ok I have been away for a while but what happens to the feedback now. before I went if you left somebody feedback and made a mistake you simply called it up and replaced it, that doesnt work anymore, and I have just left a model two feedbacks how can I get one deleted pleased.
totally confused
Allan
Posted 30 March 2011
matt
Photographer
matt
There was a bug with the system which has now been fixed so all back to normal

Posted 30 March 2011
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Hi matt

I've just tried editing the feedback I left now that you've fixed the bug but it's now changed both of the feedback records on the models profile. Any chance you could delete one of the records for me?

It's on klouise1992's profile

Thanks

Posted 2 April 2011
matt
Photographer
matt
Done

Posted 2 April 2011
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Ta very much
Posted 2 April 2011
Ok, I am officially confused.

Last night I left new feedback for a model I'd worked with previously.  Didn't cut/paste the old feedback as I used to.  I  just wanted to add a very short update following a new shoot.  The new feedback was entered but the old feedback entry which was a lot more extensive has now gone.

This morning a photographer at the same shoot left feedback for me - her previous feedback on me has been retained and the new feedback added as a second feedback entry.

Can anyone tell me how this is currently supposed to be working.  I'd like to recreate the more extensive feedback for the model who has now lost that.  Is there something I have to do to keep old feedback while being able to add new?

Thanks
Ian.
Posted 9 April 2011
Edited by iansstudio 9 April 2011
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111

With models, I have found at all times new feedback overwrites old feedback so you either have to copy and paste old feed back or right a single feedback referencing the various shoots.

With studios, it does not overwrite so you can post multiple feedbacks.

So would concur there is at least an anomolie.

Posted 9 April 2011
Gerry99111

With models, I have found at all times new feedback overwrites old feedback so you either have to copy and paste old feed back or right a single feedback referencing the various shoots.

With studios, it does not overwrite so you can post multiple feedbacks.

So would concur there is at least an anomolie.

Hopefully Matt can sort out the anomaly.  But in the mean time it is good news for studio account owners as our feedback rating will go up quicker!  
Posted 9 April 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join