foundation? concealer? powder?

9 posts
29 Oct 2007
katexx
Model
katexx

Hi girlies,

just wondering which you  use for shoots, and what you use to apply them

i can never get the rite ones, i dont really mind about the price, want really good coverage, with NO shine, went to a department store, but didnt really like the stuff she tried on me

ive got my next shoot booked for the 14th, so will be shopping for new make-up over the next week..............

any tips? xxx

Posted 29 Oct 2007
xlisax
Model
xlisax

i use number7 powder as i have exezma,all number7 is dermatologically tested and it dosnt irritate my skin, it also looks and feels really natural and hides shiney spots brilliantly!happy6

lisa x x x

Posted 29 Oct 2007

I swear by Mac, it's fantastic!

Maybe a little costly, but its soooo worth it!!!

Hope this helps xXxlove6

Posted 30 Oct 2007
katexx
Model
katexx
Thanks girlies : ) xxx

Posted 30 Oct 2007
#cc33cc>i use mac make up im addicted to the stuff hehe £20.50 for  the compact foundation with a mirror (moistureblend) well worth it thoughhappy1
Posted 31 Oct 2007
Maxfactor foundation, mascara and eyeliner. Benefit concealer, good and thick!

Powder wise boots natural collection.

Posted 4 Nov 2007

I always start with a good clenser, toner, moisturiser.  Then a good primer.  No7 have a great one at £30 that i use.  Then i use benefit liquid foundation applied lightly with fingertips.  After that i use Almay concealer and a loose poweder to finish it off.

The trick is to apply thin layers!

love4Tessie

Posted 22 Nov 2007

mac makeup is the best! trust me.. ive been thru ALOT of brands.

heres a good tip: dont ever use foundation, concealer, moisturiser or anything like that [even powder] with SPF in it as it will make your face look white in photos.

Posted 30 Nov 2007

I swear by The Body Shop Compact at £11. And at this price it dosent break the bank. Also not tested on animals! It has great coverage and is an all in one as well.

I am a trained beautician by trade so I have used a lot of foundations.

If its any good to you the following is what you are supposed to do:

• Cleanse by using a milk cleanser for your skin tone and remove with damp cotton pads and repeat.
  • Tone by putting a toner for your skin type on damp cotton pads and dab on face
  • Moisturise with one for your skin
  • Wait 5 minutes to soak in
  • Use a consealer under your eyes and cover any marks and blemeshes.
  • Apply foundation using a sponge!!
  • Appky loose powder. Translucent suits most ppl. Ivory for over 50's. Use a brush!
  • Apply blusher. In general, Pink for blondes, peach for brunettes, but the world is your oyster!
  • Use a lip liner, and lip stick of your choice. Lip sticks should be aplied with a brush. Then blotted with a tissue then repplied. and blotted again. A fine dusting of face power will make this last longer.
  • Apply eye liner, eye shadow and then mascara.

Thats basically the limit of it. but of course no one ever follows this EVER. But its just text book material.

Heather x

Posted 4 Jan 2008
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join