White hair?

17 posts
25 Feb 2011
So I stripped the black out of my hair again last week which took my hair back to my natural colour of medium ish brown. Since then I have bleached it twice and its generally yellow with a few bits of gingerness at the back. I think that maybe after a third time I could lift this if I concentrated on the back as the second time I got it out of the front.

But my hair would still be a yellow blonde and not a white. I tried youtube and its not really clear and hasn't helped me thag much. How do I turn it to white, what toner should I use, what do I mix it with and how do I do it etc? Or would I need a white colourant? Would live xxl do the job?

If not then ill have to go a darker blonde, probably an ash colour to get rid of the redness. I don't really want to damage my hair much more but its still in good condition at the moment as I have conditioned it continuously.

I only have today to rectify it to darker blonde or white so please help!
Posted 25 Feb 2011
Edited by Quirkybutcute 25 Feb 2011
You'll need a shampoo/toner with purple in it, I use a violet shampoo (L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Silver Shampoo).

xx

Posted 25 Feb 2011
How much is that and where can I buy it from please?? Would it get rid of the orange?

Posted 25 Feb 2011
I use live colour and my hair is a nice platinum blonde/ white colour. I had some parts that were gingery colour aswell but i bleached it again and it's all the same colour now. Try not to bleach the hair thats already bleached white as you can get breakage (a chemical haircut) Use a silver/ purple shampoo and that should get rid of the brassy yellow tones. Use loads of conditioner on bleached hair as it goes dry. Hope that helps hun xx
Posted 25 Feb 2011
A lot of people user Stargazer white toner and its supposed to be really good. Keeping the roots in check will be a nightmare though if you do go for proper white.

You might be better using the product Jess said then getting caramel and ash blonde streaks. The more multi-tonal the blonde hair is, the less obvious the roots

Posted 25 Feb 2011
Thanks everyone for their input.

I've just had a really good thorough look at my hair in natural light and its safe to say I don't want to bleach it anymore. My roots are WHITE (I didn't do my roots the second time they went white on the first attempt) and the rest is either yellow or a lightish orange. Its too multi coloured for my liking.

It was only really to see if it suited me, but after the messing about I have had I've decided to go for a darker blonde or light brown that is less upkeep. How can I get from THIS multi coloured mess to a dark blonde? Would and ash colour balance it?

Sorry to mess you all about I didn't really notice the vast difference of the roots to ends until now!

Posted 25 Feb 2011
I would go for a darker blonde (honey shade) and get a friend to help you apply it to ensure it's even.

Then I'd apply conditioner liberally as much as possible over the next day days.

Only then, making sure none of my hair was breaking off, would I add some lighter streaks (you can get those Garnier multilights kits in all shades) to give more lift to the colour.

In future, never strip/bleach your whole head of hair at home. I've done it many times before and it always spells disaster as you get so much patchiness.

Posted 25 Feb 2011
Quirkybutcute

How much is that and where can I buy it from please?? Would it get rid of the orange?

From the internet,it depends which site you buy it from but i got 1.5 litres for £17 including VAT and P&P.

Yes it worked for me, leave it on for about 2 minutes and wash it every other day.
Posted 25 Feb 2011
*next few days

Posted 25 Feb 2011
I've looked at a few sites now and all suggest to go for an ash blonde to get rid of the multi tone, so I'm going to do that and maybe go for a darker ash blonde or a medium ash blonde rather than a light one. From then I may just highlight myself (I can highlight, would just seem I can't bleach), or gently go a shade lighter at a time. Will update you all later...
Posted 25 Feb 2011
So after talking to the lovely Jess, I decided to put a light ash blonde on my hair. After leaving it on for about 55 minutes, it started to take to a nice colour and the gingeryness started to fade. Its not an overall blonde colour with a yellowish tinge, and I am going to use some silver shampoo as suggested and hopefully it is now done so thank you all for your advice and especially to Jess for staying online and talking me through it :P x
Posted 25 Feb 2011
If you want it actually WHITE I can let you in on one of my secrets.  Unfortunately my skunk streak is getting too yellowy at the minute so it's abou time I took my own advice!

Posted 25 Feb 2011
Ooh tell me! By the way I've used a silver shampoo already and some of the yellow tone has gone already SO PLEASED! I was worried it wouldn't look good, after all this was only an experiment, I do plan on going darker again in a month or so but for now wanted a little play with it. However it does look pretty cool, and my eyebrows are quite light (I draw them on dark) so it doesn't look too bad. Looks AWESOME with flowers in my hair and with my usual bandanas, looks a bit boring down :P
Posted 25 Feb 2011
This is my new hair everyone
Posted 1 March 2011
Sorry about the no makeup haha!

Posted 1 March 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join