Make up!

10 posts
23 Feb 2011
I would have posted this in the MAU forum but hardly anyone seems to post there so I'm looking on ideas to sort out my make up bag, I'm doing most of my own make up for shoots so needing to get better stuff haha! Right now I'm really needing a decent foundation and mascara, would prefer if answers were mainly about British designer brands, I don't have enough pennies to buy expensive make up and have it shipped over haha :P
xxx
Posted 23 Feb 2011
*MUA, not MAU haha!

Posted 23 Feb 2011
Clinique, Mac, Benefit. I'm a clinique girl myself They are all quite expensive but they do make a massive difference to your skin and are great quality (in my opinion) x
Posted 23 Feb 2011
I find Rimmel a good brand for foundation, all though a lot of people go on about Mac I personally have never thought it goes well on my face.

For mascara Miss Sporty and Maybelline is a good and cheap make also Max Factor, or if you want to make your lashes look longer try Benefit Bad Lash I think it's called.

Cath
...xxx

Posted 23 Feb 2011
Cody
Model
Cody
Try maxfactor foundation...
I use loreal telescopic mascara

Posted 23 Feb 2011
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Definently recommend Maxfactor for foundation. It provides great coverage and all over skin tone.

Posted 23 Feb 2011
Thanks for all the advice lovelys
Posted 23 Feb 2011
I used to use max factor but moved to clinique because I found clinique had a colour that better suited my fair skin.

Your best bet is to go to the makeup counters in boots and try a few bits.

Posted 23 Feb 2011
Peridot
Model
Peridot
I swear by Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but not everyone likes it because its too think, but I like it for the constant converage it provides. Also it seems to be the only foundation brand that makes my skin colour!
Chanel is my favourite brand though <3 also Mac is great for colours, and Illamasquan if you want really out-there stuff (I think it was originally designed for theatre but I could be wrong). Mascara Im currently using is an Estee Lauder one. Chanel has to be my fave though when I can afford it! They do brilliant eyeliners.

Posted 24 Feb 2011
jes
Model
jes
I'm a MUA and I use Estee Lauder double wear foundation.  IT's great coverage and lasts for ages.  You can mix it with moisturiser for a lighter look.  Loreal do good mascaras.  YSL Touche Eclat is also excellent for shoots.

Posted 24 Feb 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join