tan.....

18 posts
16 Feb 2011
Looking to sort my tan out for the summer, what would other models recommend... sun beds or fake tan or both???????

Posted 16 Feb 2011
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
Well, I'm no model, but I was born in the part of the world which has the highest incidence of skin cancers (I've been lucky so far); so I have an interest in the overall topic of tanning! You might want to check out http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/852.aspx This bit in particular: "Currently, there is no regulation that governs the type or strength of UV rays that sunbeds give out, or who can use sunbeds." There's also no control over how regularly or effectively sunbeds are serviced or maintained. Not reassuring!
Posted 16 Feb 2011
either stb tropez or beyond bronze so not go on sunbeds they age you
x

Posted 16 Feb 2011
thanks guys i think fake tan is alot safer than sun beds, xx

Posted 17 Feb 2011
ciaran
Photographer
ciaran
Be careful.. fake tan and photographers/photographs don't mix

Posted 17 Feb 2011
Treat yourself to a holiday and sunbathe using plenty of sun tan lotion...no "tangoed" look and no worry about using sunbeds.
Posted 17 Feb 2011
WhiteRabbitPhoto
Photographer
WhiteRabbitP..
ciaran

Be careful.. fake tan and photographers/photographs don't mix

+1     Photoshopped tan is better than fake.
Posted 17 Feb 2011
Although many photographers don't like fake tan- and understandably as it can look very fake and patchy, mistakes are easily made- if you find a good spray tan and a good place to have it done it can look natural and beautiful, I use sienna Spray tan and have someone come to my house to do it the night before a shoot xx

Posted 17 Feb 2011
ciaran
Photographer
ciaran
Lil_jess
if you find a good spray tan and a good place to have it done it can look natural and beautiful
Really? I have NEVER seen fake tan applied such that it wasn't patchy or didn't require significant post processing. If a model turned up with it, I'd send her home.
Posted 17 Feb 2011
lol thats what i mean fake tan can cause patchness but sun beds are dangerous you cant win lol!!!! Going away in the summer so have to wait till then, ill make do with a bottleof fake bake til then!!!xx

Posted 18 Feb 2011
Ummm ... natural tans are dangerous as well

Posted 18 Feb 2011
Bonno
Model
Bonno
eurgh no...im pale ish but rather that than ever touch a sunbed or fake tan...pale is better than tangoed look!!

Posted 18 Feb 2011
Agencies flip a biscuit if you turn up with fake tan to a job. You give a photographer uneccessary work tyring to sort it out if you wear it to a shoot (there is always going to be a patch somewhere) and i think its restricting, ive turned up to a shoot and then tried things with water if you use instant tan then you are going to look like you've melted if put in that situation haha! If you follow the rule nly wear it if its asked for, then i doubt you'll go wrong. The only time i tan is instant for a saturday night out with the girlies and a proffessional san tropez spray tan that lasts about 5 days for any grid girl work i do/ pageants. xx
Posted 23 Feb 2011
Peridot
Model
Peridot
Dont go on sunbeds!! Youll regret it when youre older! The only fake tan Ive found that doesnt make me patchy or orange is the St Tropez gradual tan in the light/medium shade but I dont even use that anymore, Ive embraced the pale If you do use fake tan make sure you exfoliate LOADS before you put it on, and maybe get someone to help you so you dont miss bits. And remember to wash the palms of your hands afterwards! Orange palms arent attracvive in any sense of the word!
Posted 24 Feb 2011
Lil_jess

Although many photographers don't like fake tan- and understandably as it can look very fake and patchy, mistakes are easily made- if you find a good spray tan and a good place to have it done it can look natural and beautiful, I use sienna Spray tan and have someone come to my house to do it the night before a shoot xx

agreeed! i use sienna at shows and mine only goes patchy on the 5th day! x
Posted 7 March 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join