the right weight?

the right weight?

16 posts
30 Jan 2011
hey guys i just want to know everyones opinion on what weight i should be, i have recently lost two stone but still need to lose weight, im 5'6 what is my ideal weight? i am currently 9stone 10 x thanks if anyone is about my height and think they are the right weight could you let me know how much you weigh x

Posted 30 Jan 2011
Neil_Whiteley
Photographer
Neil_Whitele..
You're within the normal weight range for your height.

Posted 30 Jan 2011
i would just like to know how much i need to lose to achieve a flat stomach to give me a bit of confidence when im doing shoots
Posted 30 Jan 2011
kev20007
Photographer
kev20007
its not so much what you loose, its about toning the body, to what you feel is right for you, the middle is the last part to loose it,

hope this helps a little
Posted 30 Jan 2011
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Are you doing any stomach exercises to tone your stomach. This will flatten your tummy.

Posted 30 Jan 2011
Im about the same height as you, But there is one thing i rarley do and thats weigh myself. The only time i know my weight is when im at the doctors.

Try not to focus to much on weighing yourself, All women come in different shapes and sizes even if they are the same height

looking at your images i think your very beautiful and have fantastic figure, that most women would envy.
Posted 30 Jan 2011
TheBuckfastKid
Photographer
TheBuckfastK..
lizaprideaux

hey guys i just want to know everyones opinion on what weight i should be, i have recently lost two stone but still need to lose weight, im 5'6 what is my ideal weight? i am currently 9stone 10 x thanks if anyone is about my height and think they are the right weight could you let me know how much you weigh x

You certainly don't look like you are far off.

Generally, most photographers go by the NG Scale to measure weight and obesity. The more it makes (or is likely to make) Nick Giles vomit, the more overweight the "moddil" tends to be.

Posted 30 Jan 2011
Just check your BMI and you will know from that if you are underweight, the right weight or overweight.
Your doctor/nurse can tell you your BMI but no doubt there will be a way of checking it online.

Posted 30 Jan 2011
thanks for the replys everyone, i do pole dancing once a week maybe i should up the sit ups ect! il give it a try, thankyou!

Posted 30 Jan 2011
Dannsair

Just check your BMI and you will know from that if you are underweight, the right weight or overweight. Your doctor/nurse can tell you your BMI but no doubt there will be a way of checking it online.

BMI is rubbish for the most part. Relying solely on this is NOT a good idea.

When i was competing heavily in TKD events i was technically underweight as by their measurements (via both BMI calipers or the electro resistant thingies) i had 10% body fat. I got checked properly by my family sports doc and was actually at 16% but weighed almost 65kg (10 stone). At the moment my body fat % is 23 and i'm 56kg (8 stone . I used some fat calipers out of morbid curiosity and technically i'm obese! LOL! so that BMI stuff isn't really something to swear by.

A pound of fat and a pound of muscle still are a pound, no?

If you exert yourself more than the sum of what you consume per day, this will help in reducing general fat over your body. You cannot work out specific places. Sure you can tone your tummy by way of abdominal exercies but you won't really see it till you reduce your entire overall body fat %.
Posted 30 Jan 2011
Gordee
Photographer
Gordee
Although as Tidal Kitten explains BMI is not the full story, however it is a commonly used guide. Normal weight is considered to be a BMI of 18.5 to 25. Many models will aim to be nearer the lower end of this scale, with some fashion models well below 18.5
If you take your weight down to 9 stone your BMI will be 20.4

see
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/health/fightingfat/bodymass.pl

Posted 1 Feb 2011
I think your about the right weight.
Im ten stone and 5ft 10 so I have similar proportions to you, if anything i'm too thin so i wouldnt think you need to lose more.
Eva

Posted 1 Feb 2011
jes
Model
jes
DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF!!!

You look absolutely lovely as you are!  If you want a flatter stomach, then eat sensibly, do some C.V work and also sit ups, but make sure you do them properly so you benefit from doing them.  Ask your gym instustor.

The best way to know if your body is changing, is by the way your clothes fit.  Throw the scales away, lol!
Posted 1 Feb 2011
Gordee

Although as Tidal Kitten explains BMI is not the full story, however it is a commonly used guide. Normal weight is considered to be a BMI of 18.5 to 25. Many models will aim to be nearer the lower end of this scale, with some fashion models well below 18.5 If you take your weight down to 9 stone your BMI will be 20.4 see http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/health/fightingfat/bodymass.pl

16.5 my bmi i know because of regular check ups but the girls are right dont weigh your self the right weight is been happy with yourself and eating correctly, 2 girls could eat exactly the same one could be heavyer than the other because bodys react diffrently. 
So fuck what other people think and ask yourself are you happy as you are?
Posted 1 Feb 2011
Edited by tasmintaylor 1 Feb 2011
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
lizaprideaux

hey guys i just want to know everyones opinion on what weight i should be,

You're the right weight when you're healthy and happy. Throw away the bathroom scale and use the mirror instead.
Posted 8 Feb 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join