What creates this look?

What creates this look?

39 posts
3 Jan 2011
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
I came across this picture (I mean the top image with the green and yellow eye) and I love the slick-looking eye make-up but I'm not sure what sort it is. I would love to get some to try out. Can someone tell me what kind of make-up this shiny stuff is exactly so I can look for some to buy? Or is it something simple like an application of gloss on top of normal eyeshadow? Thanks in advance.

Posted 3 Jan 2011
fizzy
Model
fizzy
I hope someone knows. I have to have some of that glittery pink stuff, have to.

Maybe bodypaint applied with a small brush? That's usually very highly pigmented.

Posted 3 Jan 2011
Mimi_C
Model
Mimi_C
A good MUA
Posted 3 Jan 2011
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Mimi_C

A good MUA

This is also true!

I think some of Illamasqua's Pure Pigments come in non-matte styles:
http://www.illamasqua.com/
Posted 3 Jan 2011
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Alas I can't afford one Mimi, lol. Plus I really enjoy messing about with make-up myself.

Fizzy, I think I'll have a wee play about with body paint and gloss to see if I can create something similar. If it goes awry, it's easily washed off, lol.

Posted 3 Jan 2011
try  www.limecrimemakeup.com            when you get some your welcome to come to my Studio, i think it looks brilliant.
Posted 3 Jan 2011
darrinhenry
Photographer
darrinhenry
My wife who is a MUA tells me that you can view a tutorial on Youtube with this link.  It is a brilliant look, happy experimenting!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1VgnQslxmQ

Darrin
Posted 3 Jan 2011
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Truedefinition
try  www.limecrimemakeup.com            when you get some your welcome to come to my Studio, i think it looks brilliant.
Can deffinently recommend these guys - I use limecrime myself although I only have a couple of colours. These are some examples of what i've managed to create with Limecrime make-up (you do need a good primer though - urban decay is the best)
Posted 3 Jan 2011
paulford
Photographer
paulford
never mind the makeup those eyebrows are perfect.

Posted 3 Jan 2011
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Thanks Jim, I never travel that far alas but thanks, some good stuff on that site! Very nice make-up Tathiel, love the third pic. Thanks for the vid link Darrin, will watch that now.
Posted 3 Jan 2011
Tathiel

Can deffinently recommend these guys - I use limecrime myself although I only have a couple of colours. These are some examples of what i've managed to create with Limecrime make-up (you do need a good primer though - urban decay is the best)

There brilliant, you should get some on your portfolio...
Posted 3 Jan 2011
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Thank you hunny. I love any excuse to get creative with make-up - especially if its colourfull
Posted 3 Jan 2011
Neil_Whiteley
Photographer
Neil_Whitele..
I suspect some careful Photoshopping is the answer
Posted 3 Jan 2011
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Tathiel

I love any excuse to get creative with make-up - especially if its colourfull

Me too, I got a load of new make-up stuff at Xmas and I have more on the way including cool face paints, can't wait to experiment with it all!

Posted 3 Jan 2011
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
If you like colourfull make-up brands I can recommend are LimeCrime, M.A.C, Urban Decay, Front Cover and BarryM. These are all brands I use for the bright make-up I do.

TrueDefinition - Thanks. Glad you like them. Im not sure if they really have space on my portfolio though as I only have 7 images I can use and need to show what I look like to photographers.

Posted 3 Jan 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join