Stretch Marks and wrinkley bellies...

Stretch Marks and wrinkley bellies...

26 posts
22 Dec 2010
I have a 2 year old child, and the marks to prove it. I am still slim at a size 10-12, same as I was before I fell pregnant, so size isn't my issue. The problem that I have is stretch marks, I have them all over my stomach now, they aren't particularly noticable, they are quite faint, but whenever I tense my abdominal muscles or my waist measurement goes down, they wrinkle and my stomach turns into a flesh coloured raisen.

Any tips or advice? Please...
Posted 22 Dec 2010
Apparently bio oil works really well on stretch marks

Posted 22 Dec 2010
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Firstly, give it time. Secondly, update your portfolio notes/comments.  If the torso is going to be visible during shoots, make sure the photographer is at least aware.

My guess is that for your fetish work it won't matter, for the topless stuff that might be a different matter but without seeing the issue it is a bit difficult to advise.

Regards,

Glenn
Posted 22 Dec 2010
GSC4X

Firstly, give it time. Secondly, update your portfolio notes/comments.  If the torso is going to be visible during shoots, make sure the photographer is at least aware.

My guess is that for your fetish work it won't matter, for the topless stuff that might be a different matter but without seeing the issue it is a bit difficult to advise.

Regards,

Glenn

The OP was asking for advice on the actual problem, not with how it will affect her modelling, or am I reading it wrong?

Bio Oil is supposed to be really good, also Palmers Cocoa Butter You need to apply it twice a day.

xx
Posted 24 Dec 2010
clyde
Photographer
clyde
bio oil is actually in poundland and much cheaper than a chemist/store and you save £££

Posted 24 Dec 2010
brandphoto
Photographer
brandphoto
Ninabean

The OP was asking for advice on the actual problem, not with how it will affect her modelling, or am I reading it wrong?

Bio Oil is supposed to be really good, also Palmers Cocoa Butter You need to apply it twice a day.

xx

In fairness to GSC4X, the OP's comment is rather vague in that department and could be contstrude either way in my opinion. The OP being a model and posting on a model site would suggest (to me at least) she would at least be including wanting to cure the problem as a model as well as a woman wanting to look her best. As such I think his advice is pretty much on the button, after all, even if she wasn't enquiring regarding her modelling career, it's certainly going to effect it.
Posted 24 Dec 2010
Edited by brandphoto 24 Dec 2010
i have 3 children and stretch marks to boot, bio oil dose work but not as well after the pregnancy, but i have chosen to not use it anyway, it has not harmed my modeling and i work up to art nude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have also been praised by photographers for being proud of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so it will NOT affect your modeling there are plenty of photographers that are more then capable of working with a post preganent belly.

Posted 25 Dec 2010

I'm sorry if my answer is not satisfying, but I think it's a bit late to think about it now. 

You probably would have avoided streachmarks by using spacial skin care products when you got pregnant - before your skin started streaching.
Exercising also plays part in your skin flexiblity.

Now I think it's only the professional treatment and that can be quite expensive. 

But then again you never know what they'll invent tomorrow emoticon

Posted 25 Dec 2010
Nick_Giles
Photographer
Nick_Giles
amandamccy

so it will NOT affect your modeling there are plenty of photographers that are more then capable of working with a post preganent belly.

I ain't one of them. cuz i iz crp innit.

Nick

Posted 25 Dec 2010
Edited by Nick_Giles 25 Dec 2010
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
LOL Nick if you can't then no one can...

Hmmm if you have them you have them im afraid...just make sure you state it on your profile...

All the best...

Amy x

Posted 25 Dec 2010
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
if it helps...exercise... it can and in many cases reduces them x
Posted 26 Dec 2010
I wouldnt worry too much about stretch marks. there all natural and most people have them and will get them even men,  Especially bodybuilder's my 14yearold son has stretch marks all over his back. I think for the wrinkly belly after having a baby just simple exercises maybe like running and a few sit ups thrown in. your tummy should soon tighten up.
Posted 26 Dec 2010
My youngest is 2 also and have a few round my hip area, the bio oil works but like mentioned before not the expensive one lol...I got a large bottle of the cheaper version from Asda - I reckon it works just as good!
Posted 26 Dec 2010
It's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted - ideally, you should hydrate and take good care of the skin while it's stretching to avoid getting marks.

Hydrating it and massaging to stimulate blood flow should help speed up the recovery process, but there isn't too much you can really do about stretchmarks once they're there.

Posted 26 Dec 2010

Don't know if there is much to do to prevent them.Its good for you and the baby to exercise throughout pregnancy to keep down weight gain and thus excessive stretching.Moisturising will help with the itching you get when pregnant ,I don't know if it helps prevent stretchmarks. I doubt anyones done a proper study.
I always kept fit and didn't put on much weight when pregnant ,you don't need to eat for two ,I have had 8 children and don't have stretchmarks maybe I'm just lucky.

And ignore the anti motherhood rants. Plenty of women model after having children.The woman with perfect stomach on last months ultrafit magazine has young twins.

Posted 28 Dec 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join