How to make a model cry...

How to make a model cry...

31 posts
18 Nov 2010
leighmoore
Photographer
leighmoore
Apart from pushing levels or asking for "extras"emoticon, what's the best way to make a model cry and run her mascara?

It obviously needs to be 100% safe, what would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Posted 18 Nov 2010
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Tearstick, its like vicks vaporub. Just hold it under the eyes and they will start streaming, I have had it done to me, by a pro makeup artist though. So they will probably know the right stuff to get.

On this shot the makeup artist just painted in the running mascara

Posted 18 Nov 2010
MMM_WOW
Make Up Artist
MMM_WOW
All according as to what effect you are after, if its real crying then the tear stick works well, allthough some can find it very irratable, if its just tears you want , then Mehron's sweat and tears will do the job very well emoticon
Posted 18 Nov 2010
kater
Model
kater
I can always cry if I think about something that upsets me.

Posted 18 Nov 2010
leighmoore
Photographer
leighmoore
Thanks guys, to clarify I'm more after the run mascara look, rather than the actual tears. Similar to Paul's example and, if you've seen it, the latest GHD advert.

By the sounds of it, tear stick or vics (which irritates the poop out of my eyes) is the way to go.

Cheers.

Posted 18 Nov 2010
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
Only trouble is with tear stick vicks etc the models actual eye will be red and blood shot , if that is the result you want then fine but if not I would suggest fake tears and painted in running mascara. Good luck with the results .
Posted 19 Nov 2010

ran natrully no crying involved but this dosnt help you because its shot in a shower i just held face in shower fo a bit maybe it will work if u get a bottle and pour a bit on at a time then dab exess water off with a towel once have desired look
Posted 19 Nov 2010
This always works for me....................   Bambi
Posted 19 Nov 2010
BobH
Photographer
BobH
get the model to cut up an onion
Posted 19 Nov 2010
kick them ?xx i and quite alot of other models perform as well so can cry on cue but this can ruin the rest of the face so i think painting it on is the best way xx

Posted 12 Oct 2011
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
A year or two ago, I posted a casting for a model who could cry on demand. I had many replies and decided to meet up with four of the most promising before deciding. All four turned up to their 'audition' but not one of them was able to 'cry on demand'. I'd recommend 'props' rather than human ability!

Posted 12 Oct 2011
Vas
Model
Vas
Eye drops - just squirt some in the eye and ta-da; tears that smudge make up but don't make the eyes red and irritated.

Posted 12 Oct 2011
ciaran
Photographer
ciaran
Have them think about dead puppies
Posted 12 Oct 2011
SMILESPHOTO
A year or two ago, I posted a casting for a model who could cry on demand. I had many replies and decided to meet up with four of the most promising before deciding. All four turned up to their 'audition' but not one of them was able to 'cry on demand'. I'd recommend 'props' rather than human ability!
Check out my first feedback, I can cry on demand
Posted 12 Oct 2011
Photomachine
Photographer
Photomachine
onions. every time

Posted 12 Oct 2011
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join