Stomach Toning Help

Stomach Toning Help

13 posts
16 Nov 2010
Hi

I have had a child and my stomach isnt what it used to be..id like to do lingerie shoots but want to tone up more to feel more confident

Any tips..?? And i dont want to starve myself just get my muscles toned again
Posted 16 Nov 2010
CONGRATULATIONS first!!

Buy yourself a HULA HOOP - works wonders and fun!

Good luck!emoticon
Posted 16 Nov 2010
kater
Model
kater
I go to the gym and use the weight machines on my abs and obliques!
But, childbirth can damage and haemorrhage your stomach muscles, so maybe its worth checking out with your doctor too.

Posted 16 Nov 2010
after an initial check up (as per what kater has said)

swimming is good, low impact. You can't target spot areas on your body, it's an all over thing. I'm not keen on machines so won't comment.

Free weights are good, a swiss ball in the mix is better! Also doing sit ups on a swiss ball means your coccyx (tailbone) won't be grinded to oblivion like it would on the ground (mainly due to poor form anyway). A swiss ball is good for your core anyway (which is something you always want to work and is...erm..a core part of tightening up your abdominal muscles anyway)

If you're a fan of the gym, it's definitely worth having a talk to someone who works in there to probably start you up with a training regime, or at the very least teach you proper form with weights and non-weight exercise.

(a mixture of aerobic and anaerobic exercise is paramount, plus healthy eating)

Posted 16 Nov 2010
Thanks ladies..
Posted 16 Nov 2010
psn
Photographer
psn
same advice for guys? or just cut down on the stella?

Posted 16 Nov 2010
Haha

Posted 16 Nov 2010
kater
Model
kater
swiss balls are good kitten! I just feel like a tit using them because I can't balance properly.

Posted 16 Nov 2010
Serena
Model
Serena
Pull it in 100 times a day (minimum) whenever you think about it ...... pull in, hold and feel that toning up! Also get a Slendertone belt to use every day. Do NOT starve - that will make no difference at all.

Posted 16 Nov 2010
do slendertone work..?

Posted 16 Nov 2010
Kim_C
Model
Kim_C
If there are pole dancing lessons in your local area, it has been said that it tones up your stomach and legs
Posted 16 Nov 2010
kater

swiss balls are good kitten! I just feel like a tit using them because I can't balance properly.

hehe...i used to sit on one religiously, looked a right tit too, but your body eventually masters the ability to stabilize itself. It's got to be the most passive way of strengthening your core (provided you keep good posture..or get a chair add-on thingy)

I've never understood the idea of electrocuting yourself fit? unless slendertone takes in consideration to "exercise" all the auxillery muscles that are used to balance/counter-balance natural body movements, it just looks like a tool that exhausts your abdomen muscles for no reason which could prove futile in the long run (over exercised abdomen muscles...oooo, what's going on with your back, ah yes, it's curving...)

Any physical exercise, be it free weights, body resistance, pole dancing, swimming etc. etc. I'd favour over a micro-electrocution unit... (unless it's a TENS unit, they're awesome)
Posted 16 Nov 2010
Kennedy
Model
Kennedy
is it down the centre of your stomach that is struggling to pull in? ive had three kids, eldest 11 youngest 2 and i found out i had whats called 'post partum' or 'diastasis recti' where the muscles BEHIND your '6 pack' seperate. 
if its this, dont try sit ups or anything that is generally known to 'tone' your belly as it forms your stomach muscles into a circular ball shape on the front of you. if you think it might be this i can send you some links to websites with simple breathing exercises that help you retrain your stomach. (ive even had personal training to make sure i was getting the right info)
let me know xx

*edit, if you want to look it up yourself either look up post partum, diastasi rect or rectus abdomini*
Posted 16 Nov 2010
Edited by Kennedy 16 Nov 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join