what exercises?...

what exercises?...

33 posts
8 Nov 2010
hi
i have been doing different exercises for a while now but nothing seems to be working.
i was wondering if anyone had any good exercises for toning up/losing weight on my legs and stomach area.
i am open to many ideas but due to not having much time i am looking for something that would be easy enough to do every day.
many thanks chelsie x
Posted 8 Nov 2010
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
I would think visiting a local gym and having an exercise plan made up would be your best bet, the trainers should be able to advise you the best routine for your needs.

Posted 8 Nov 2010
i was thinking more at home because when im not working my night shift im modelling and then when im not modelling im helping care for my mum.
so dont really have that much time to spare.
thankyou anyway for replying.
Posted 8 Nov 2010
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
If the trainers are any good they should be able to advise you on home routines too, but think that there are some things that you need to visit the gym for equipment wise for best results. I'm no expert of course, but my friend is, looking at how well toned she is, I am in no position to dispute it
Posted 8 Nov 2010
ok thanks will have to try it then.
Posted 8 Nov 2010
FelicityFatale
Photographer
FelicityFatale
You CANNOT spot reduce fat. If you want to lose weight on your legs you have to lose it all over. Cut some of your food, do some more cardiovascular exercise and ask your gym to put you together a nice, rounded, weights program where you lift HEAVY weights.

But personally, I find the easiest way to lose weight is by reducing what I'm eating.

Posted 8 Nov 2010
Cody
Model
Cody
Go out clubbing/dancing.....do some fun exercise

actually that reminds me...alcohol is full of calories so cutting that out will help a lot
Posted 8 Nov 2010
Edited by Cody 8 Nov 2010
I drink probably once a month which most people find it hard to believe for my age and i also only have one meal and sometimes a sandwhich a day so i dont understand why i have put on weight when i used to eat more than this. Will definately try going to the gym and also cardiovascular thanks x

Posted 8 Nov 2010
FelicityFatale
Photographer
FelicityFatale
xXchelsieXx

I drink probably once a month which most people find it hard to believe for my age and i also only have one meal and sometimes a sandwhich a day so i dont understand why i have put on weight when i used to eat more than this. Will definately try going to the gym and also cardiovascular thanks x

You're putting on weight because you're not eating enough.

Eat three meals a day - decent size ones.

At the moment you are starving yourself so your body is into "survival" mode.  You need to eat properly.
Posted 8 Nov 2010
pammie
Model
pammie
I see u do night shifts, I did them for six years and it plays with ur matabolism because your eating and sleeping at the wrong time, I tried the eating one meal a day thing and ended up snacking on the thanku sweets the patients would give us, am now just eating 3 small meals aday I have cut out fizzy drinks and chocolate and am getting on the wii fit as often as I can ( inbetween looking after children working full time running a house and squeezing in photoshoots as a model and photographing shoots myself) my friend has reccommended the wii dance 2 coz she says she doesn't feel like she's exerciseing she is burning more callories and it's fun,
try square and tummy crunches too
Good luck with toning up ( I still have a long way to go lol)
xx

Posted 8 Nov 2010
I think you need to eat little but often, Keep your energy stabilised through out the day especially when you work nights. When you skip meals or dont eat for a while your body will end up storing fat.

Running is good to lose weight and tone up and is free just invest in good running shoes, as well as cycling. if you can afford too id get in a excercise bike for home.

There are also certain gym's etc that hire there equipment out for upto 8 weeks at a time. you can get treadmills etc. for £40 for between 4-8weeks well the one where i live is that price. It is a good idea if you dont have time  to go to Gym and your at home alot
 Just do a google search for gym equipment for hire in your area.
Here is an example of one in your area:

#/treadmills/4534147336">http://www.yorkshirefitnesshire.co.uk/#/treadmills/4534147336
Posted 8 Nov 2010
Cody
Model
Cody
Are you drinking lots of sugary drinks?

Posted 8 Nov 2010
i have stopped drinking sugary drinks and at the minute only have one glass a day and water for the rest.
i have had a look at that website i think i may buy an exercise bike as it would seem more practical.
and as for the wii i am hoping to get one soon because that was my first idea to get the wii fit so i hope it does work.
let me know how your getting on with it.
i am going to try and have 3 meals a day i just never seem to find the time thats y i usually only have one meal.
thanks for the replies x
Posted 8 Nov 2010
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
I've started using wii my fitness dance version at home, and it'd a fun way to exercise, but definitey burns calories... but as most people say eating once or twice a day doesn't help, I used to eat one meal a day, but it would be big and full of fat. I wasn't meeting my recommended calories, but my body was holding on to any calories it could get.

I also have a pole at home and pole fitness it great for toning up!

Posted 8 Nov 2010
LadylikeMedia

I also have a pole at home and pole fitness it great for toning up!

As an instructor i totally agree with this
Posted 8 Nov 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join