Two amazing products you should have in your modelling kit.

Two amazing products you should have in your modelling kit.

21 posts
13 Oct 2010
KazBxx
Model
KazBxx
I can no longer live without these recent wonders I discovered!

Mac strobe primer - razzle dazzle em ladies!

Dior showgirl powder - just a touch of sparkle to shimmer and shine!

I love these and so thought I'd share these snippets!

Any products on your can't live without! list?
Posted 13 Oct 2010
Amber6
Model
Amber6
I'll second the MAC Strobe primer. A mua friend advised me to try MAC Strobe a couple months ago, and that stuff is AMAZING. Really brightens up your skin

Posted 13 Oct 2010
KazBxx
Model
KazBxx
Amber6

I'll second the MAC Strobe primer. A mua friend advised me to try MAC Strobe a couple months ago, and that stuff is AMAZING. Really brightens up your skin

Love your new profile pic chick.
Posted 15 Oct 2010
Nigel_S
Photographer
Nigel_S
I always use mac strobe on models and myself its fab x

Posted 15 Oct 2010
Bob
Photographer
Bob
KazBxx

Dior showgirl powder

If that prevents the dreaded No-Show Syndrome it's got to be good.

Bob
Posted 15 Oct 2010
Edited by Bob 15 Oct 2010
KazBxx
Model
KazBxx
I think you get what you pay for. If you book a budget model don't be surprised when she no-shows because she's had a better offer. I don't condone such unprofessionality, but I've been asked for rates various times by photographers and told My rates are too high so willl look elsewhere, only to see them bemoaning their bad luck in the forums a week later and complaining that their model no-showed and their £150 down on travel and a studio as their budget model failed to put in a Mcppearance! It may sound harsh but it's true.

So- no one else wants to share their favourite beauty products? Ah well let's stick the bitching then, it's far more entertaining ;0)

Posted 19 Oct 2010
Estee Lauder concealer called Disappear - It's BRILLIANT and lasts for ages
Posted 19 Oct 2010
KazBxx

I think you get what you pay for. If you book a budget model don't be surprised when she no-shows because she's had a better offer. I don't condone such unprofessionality, but I've been asked for rates various times by photographers and told My rates are too high so willl look elsewhere, only to see them bemoaning their bad luck in the forums a week later and complaining that their model no-showed and their £150 down on travel and a studio as their budget model failed to put in a Mcppearance! It may sound harsh but it's true. So- no one else wants to share their favourite beauty products? Ah well let's stick the bitching then, it's far more entertaining ;0)

Yes you get what you pay for but thats unfair to say budget models are more likely to no show, I have no idea what a budget models prices are but I would say some models no show as do photographers - if I were a photographer then I would look at images/references then rates. Spending less on a model does NOT mean he will be noshowed thats just silly. if a photographer gets references then he should make the judgement based on the references/images not on what pricetag the model has on her head.

Posted 19 Oct 2010
double wear by estee lauder ... makes skin look gorgeous and lasts all the way through the shoot without needing to top up on powder etc

also mr mascara fake lashes

x

Posted 19 Oct 2010
KazBxx
Model
KazBxx
Chrissie_Red

Yes you get what you pay for but thats unfair to say budget models are more likely to no show, I have no idea what a budget models prices are but I would say some models no show as do photographers - if I were a photographer then I would look at images/references then rates. Spending less on a model does NOT mean he will be noshowed thats just silly. if a photographer gets references then he should make the judgement based on the references/images not on what pricetag the model has on her head.

You certainly don't appear to be a budget model from your photo's but I can't say I have seen your posts. I am referring somewhat to the huge number of girls taht advertise themself along the lines - "60 nude all day". In my opinion it looks desperate and is bad marketing. You are right in that you cannot use price in itself as a guide, references should definitely come into the equation.
Posted 20 Oct 2010
I love Clarins Flash Beauty Balm,it really wakes your skin up and evens out tone.

Posted 20 Oct 2010
Nigel_S
Photographer
Nigel_S
I always use mac strobe on models and myself its fab x

That was actually written by me and not my partner nigel I was logged in as him lol x

Posted 20 Oct 2010
lawnski
Model
lawnski
Thank you, ill try those out when im popping through town next. I always use Mac blackTrack eyeliner, you have to buy a make up brush to apply with this one but you can get so many looks out of it.

Posted 23 Oct 2010

Another brilliant product that is multipurpose -vaseline-you can use as hair serum, cheekbone enhancer, to give gloss to lashes, tames eyebrows, and if you put it on lashes, dust them in loose powder then add mascara it adds fullness and length.

It removes eye makeup and softens lips.Its basically a wonder product, elizabeth ardens eight hour cream i basically the same but around 16 quid.

Cover feet in it and put on socks before bed as a deep moisture treatment, this works with hands as well if you get some cotton gloves to sleep in!
x
Posted 24 Oct 2010
Edited by laurenlangley 24 Oct 2010
Peridot
Model
Peridot
DollyRocker

double wear by estee lauder ... makes skin look gorgeous and lasts all the way through the shoot without needing to top up on powder etc x

Definitely!! Plus it's the only foundation that I can actually get a match for my skin colour, which is always a bonus!

I used to swear by Chanel Inimitable mascara, however Im now too skint to buy it every other mascara seems awful in comparison!
Posted 15 Dec 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join