Pub quiz picture round

Pub quiz picture round

19 posts
13 Oct 2010
Studio25
Photographer
Studio25
Just in case pictures are more popular than the mystery guest from this afternoon (and on this site, why wouldn't they be?) here's one of my pub quiz picture rounds.

This is an old one - from a couple of years ago.

Rules:
One guess per member per day (midnight to midnight), reply in the thread.
One guess total (not per day) at the "odd one out" but send that to me via PM. Include an explanation. If you send more than one, your first one is
You don't have to wait 'til all the films have been identified before suggesting the odd one out.
Rules repeated under the picture for anyone who doesn't see them before they see the picture.

Rules:
One guess per member per day (midnight to midnight), reply in the thread.
One guess total (not per day) at the "odd one out" but send that to me via PM. Include an explanation. If you send more than one, your first one is
You don't have to wait 'til all the films have been identified before suggesting the odd one out.
Rules repeated above the picture for anyone who comes into the thread from the top.

Have fun!
Posted 13 Oct 2010
Edited by ForumModerator 14 Oct 2010
12 ET!!

Posted 13 Oct 2010
Studio25
Photographer
Studio25
Yep, MissKing. 12 is ET

I've had one correct answer to the odd-one-out via email, and one half-correct (right odd-one-out, wrong reason, but plausible pending research).

Posted 14 Oct 2010
imageaware
Photographer
imageaware
No.9 Is from 'Duel'.

G.

Posted 14 Oct 2010
Voodoo_Photography
Photographer
Voodoo_Photo..
READ THE RULES!

Posted 14 Oct 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
No.1 looks like it could be Shaving Ryan's Privates.
Or if it's the Family Guy version, Slaving Pirate Brian.

Anyway, must dash, I'm going to watch Suspiria (again) on FilmFour.

Dave.

Posted 14 Oct 2010
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
3 Minority Report
4 Jurasic Park
5 Schindlers list
9 Duel
10 Good morning Vietnam
11 Batman
12 ET
13 Raiders of the lost ark
15 Jaws

Posted 14 Oct 2010
jbwalton
Photographer
jbwalton
10 Empire of the sun

Posted 14 Oct 2010
Edited by jbwalton 14 Oct 2010
Studio25
Photographer
Studio25
Bad Gerry! Didn't you read the rules?

Anyway the entries were coming in a bit slow so I bet everyone who took a pop at one of them also knew the rest.
1 Saving Private Ryan (Dave DeeTV)
3 Minority Report (Gerry)
4 Jurassic Park (n/a)
5 Schindlers list (n/a)
7 Hook (Voodoophotography - by PM)
8 Always (Jayesseff - by PM)
9 Duel (Imageaware)
10 Empire of the sun (JBWalton)
11 The Dark Knight (AGPhotography - by PM Bryony5 got there first but didn't give the picture number so I'll let the viewer decide who gets the point in their mind)
12 ET (MissKing)
13 Raiders of the lost ark (n/a)
15 Jaws (n/a)
Posted 14 Oct 2010
Edited by Studio25 14 Oct 2010
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Studio25

Bad Gerry! Didn't you read the rules?

I actually did misunderstand them I though it was the full set that was required

Sorry
Posted 14 Oct 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Damn those Rules! If I know 2, 6 and 14, I now have to wait 'til after midnight with my fingers crossed before I can answer. And that's bound to hurt by then. Dave.
Posted 14 Oct 2010
Studio25
Photographer
Studio25
gerryquiff

I actually did misunderstand them I though it was the full set that was required

Sorry

No worries - it's just a bit of fun. I can easily roll over the Ferrari prize onto the next set of pictures... emoticon

deetvstudio

Damn those Rules! If I know 2, 6 and 14, I now have to wait 'til after midnight with my fingers crossed before I can answer. And that's bound to hurt by then. Dave.

I always thought this one-answer-at-a-time thing was a bit cr*p, but on the Accrington forum they seem to have settled on this being the only way to work this sort of quiz, and who am I to rock the boat?
Posted 14 Oct 2010
Edited by Studio25 14 Oct 2010
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
2. AI:Artificial Intelligence

If I understand the rules correctly, does that mean I now have to wait until tomorrow before answering 6 or 14?

Posted 14 Oct 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Scarecrow

2. AI:Artificial Intelligence If I understand the rules correctly, does that mean I now have to wait until tomorrow before answering 6 or 14?

.....there may be a stampede at Midnight + 1 second.

Dave.
Posted 14 Oct 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Studio25

I always thought this one-answer-at-a-time thing was a bit cr*p, but on the Accrington forum they seem to have settled on this being the only way to work this sort of quiz, and who am I to rock the boat?

Don't upset those Accies! They're a tough lot.
They are all used to living in a war-zone, situated as they are in a No-Man's Land between Burnley and that other B-word.

Dave.
Posted 14 Oct 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join