Skin help!

14 posts
12 Oct 2010
So, at very ripe old age of 23, for the first time in my life, I'm starting to have spots... and it's not funny. They aren't the kind with a big head-more like very small things, but with an angry red zone around. What can I do about them? I usually do the cleansing-toning-moisturizing thing every night, with good products that were actually recommended personally by a beautician, and I eat pretty healthy as well.
Also, any ideas of what may have caused them? Can it be the change of weather- from the dry and hot Madrid to the cooler and humid England?
Posted 12 Oct 2010
could be hormonal a sudden shift in your hormone levels, could be the weather or could be you have touched somethign then touched your face and transferred bacteria on to your skin.

Just a good soap will clear it up most probably if its the latter unfortunatley the other two are out of your control and your going to have to just continue with your skin reigeime as before and they will go.
Posted 12 Oct 2010
Edited by mabongwen 12 Oct 2010
River
Model
River
Could be a number of things that have caused them, hormonal changes, a change in your diet, the weather ect. I found my skin got better in the summer when I am exposed to more sunlight, and worse in the winter. Make sure you change your pillow cover every 1-2 nights, drink lots of water and wash your face twice a day with a mild face wash. Ive been using 2 creams from the doctor for my skin and it has never been better, but beforehand, I used to literally just wash it and leave it. Letting the air get to it improved it, putting moisturisers/creams on it did nothing, and if anything, made it worse. Oh, and try not to touch your face. Wash your hands if you need to
Posted 13 Oct 2010
Thanks! The pillow case thing is a brilliant idea
Posted 13 Oct 2010
Where abouts are the spots occuring? in a particular place onyour face?

Posted 13 Oct 2010
Rachael_C

Where abouts are the spots occuring? in a particular place onyour face?

Cheeks... specially the left one. Why, does it mean something?
Posted 13 Oct 2010
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Measles?
Posted 13 Oct 2010
pompeytog

Measles?

haha, thank God is not nearly that bad
Posted 13 Oct 2010
I use a tea tree facial wash from body shop and it sorted out my spots to the point where I have brilliant skin and only ever get spots if I'm really run down or ill. It brings up spots even worse when you first use it, but after that, SPOT FREE
Posted 13 Oct 2010
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
WATER!
WITCH HAZEL!
CLEANSE AND TONE EVERY DAY AND NIGHT!
ERM!!!

The pillow thing is good too!

Posted 13 Oct 2010
try freederm !! its amazing but would only use it about 3 times a wekk as it drys ur skin out if not x

Posted 13 Oct 2010
charlene1

try freederm !! its amazing but would only use it about 3 times a wekk as it drys ur skin out if not x

I'm buying it tomorrow- it seems it's getting better by itself anyway, but I don't want to take chances!
Also, I think I have found the cause: http://www.yoga.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17736&posts=93&start=1
Posted 17 Oct 2010
Moira
Model
Moira
You said you get them mostly on your left cheek, are you on the phone a lot? One of my mates had the same problem and it turned out it was because she used to put the receiver between her cheek and shoulder so she could use both hands for typing! You'd be surprised how much bacteria you'll find on a phone.

Another suggestion would be to avoid harsh products completely, as spots can be a sign of over-cleansing. After years of using stuff like the Clinique line for oily skin (the toner actually smelled like nail polish remover) I switched to a natural skin care regime (Dr Hauschka products, I swear by them, honestly) and my skin is transformed. I didn't think it was possible for my skin to become this clear.

Posted 26 Oct 2010
Thanks for the advice! The freederm seems to be working great, so I think Ill stick with it for a while
Posted 27 Oct 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join