Acrylic Nail's

22 posts
28 Aug 2010
Tayla
Model
Tayla
Who has them?

I spend a fortune on them, I just got baby pink tips instead of french, there stunning!

Xox
Posted 28 Aug 2010
kater
Model
kater
I get them sometimes, I get them done at the beauty college they only cost a fiver just the same as the proper salon ones.
Posted 28 Aug 2010
Tayla
Model
Tayla
I spent £170 in a month on them

Posted 28 Aug 2010
I do them myself occasionally. I used to do Beauty Therapy and gave it up recently but I still have all the kit - I just hate how my nails feel after they come off!

VV

Posted 28 Aug 2010
Tayla
Model
Tayla
Yeah, I ripped a set off last night to get redone today but they are worth the horrible feel after!
x

Posted 28 Aug 2010
£170 a month!! I just keep my own growing never been to get my nails done before either, don't think anything fancy would work with the artnude stuff. I see the model Faye always has really cool nail designs! x
Posted 28 Aug 2010
I'd love to grow my nails but they're too soft and split easily. I just need to keep them square shaped. Not very girl but hey
Posted 28 Aug 2010
Tayla
Model
Tayla
Chrissie_Red

£170 a month!! I just keep my own growing never been to get my nails done before either, don't think anything fancy would work with the artnude stuff. I see the model Faye always has really cool nail designs! x

They had to be perfect.. my little obsession
Posted 28 Aug 2010
Im not a fan of Acrylics. as they ruin your own nail plate underneath, end up with ridges in your own nails. I try and grow mine but dont quite happen to all of my nails.lol, if i do wear nails i buy the glue on ones  about £7 a box from boots, there actually very good and last all day sometimes up to two days.
I buy the petite ones as i have the dinkiest nails ever.
Posted 28 Aug 2010
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Jody_Maginnis

if i do wear nails i buy the glue on ones  about £7 a box from boots, there actually very good and last all day sometimes up to two days.
I buy the petite ones as i have the dinkiest nails ever.

Thats the buggers that I was sold for my fancy dress last week end...Too bloody narrow, so Janet Jockson had plain nails.
(sales girl was brilliant when I returned them though)
Posted 28 Aug 2010
I used to have them and loved them while I did (I had frenchies) - I just hate nail bars/salons/beauty salons etc and really disliked spending an hour in them every 2 weeks. My agencies also hated them, as did a lot of photographers and it finally added up enough for me to get rid of them. Nails were pretty knackered but after a few months and using some avon nail strengthener they're actually stronger now than they were before I had acrylics.

Posted 28 Aug 2010
I always have French ones too, but the person who does them recommended gel rather than acrylic and I find them loads better, they don't make nails peel and feel a bit more natural because they're a bit stronger so if I ever wanted to go natural it would be much easier. It costs about £2 more but definitely worth it
Posted 28 Aug 2010
Tayla
Model
Tayla
I was told Acrylic Nails were stronger than gel x

Posted 29 Aug 2010
nath88
Model
nath88
I always used to get mine done, i used to get different coloured tips too. A friend done mine for me cost 30quid a go and used to last about a month or so. Only problem for me was i work with horses and if i banged them or whatever it used to kill! I used to have them without the tips underneath which made them stronger but i still managed to crack them so gave up and just use sticky on 1s for shoots.

x

Posted 29 Aug 2010
I googled it lol you're right acrylic are stronger and need doing less often (saying that I've only ever lost a nail once it fell off, I've not broken one yet just shows I need to do my housework more often lol) but are harsher on the natural nail underneath and the thought of peeling freaks me out lol and they're easier to grow out. That said, acrylics you can fix yourself - when my gel fell off I had to book an emergency appointment :-S it felt like an emergency lol think with either, once you have them done they're high maintenance but i like themv x
Posted 29 Aug 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join