I JUST LOVE THE CAKE!!!!!!!

I JUST LOVE THE CAKE!!!!!!!

11 posts
31 July 2010
OK a while ago i started a thread on how to tone up/lose weight, some great advice given (and taken).
I have even invested in a fitness apparatur (probably spelt that wrong sorry) emoticon.
Here is my problem i have seen no change and it is really starting to get to me .......maybe i just love food to much and am destined to be a hog for the rest of my life emoticon.
Basically i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts to why i can not shift the pounds. (my main issue is my tummy i feel once that is toned and flat i will once again be happy)

Thank you for reading .

Kelly.
Posted 31 July 2010
have you tried doing sit-ups every morning?

Posted 31 July 2010
graphicgirlpro
Photographer
graphicgirlpro
swimming is great way to tone up

Posted 31 July 2010
PG_Photographic
Photographer
PG_Photographic
If it's just your stomach have you tried the lying on your back on the floor with your straightened legs up at a 45 degree angle? Do this each day for a fortnight each time increasing the time to as long as you can manage and I'm sure you'll feel the difference.

Posted 31 July 2010
PG_Photographic

If it's just your stomach have you tried the lying on your back on the floor with your straightened legs up at a 45 degree angle? Do this each day for a fortnight each time increasing the time to as long as you can manage and I'm sure you'll feel the difference.

Excellent thank you i  will try emoticonhow long do you personally feel i should do it for?(mins per day)
Posted 31 July 2010
charlotte90

have you tried doing sit-ups every morning?

I have been in the evenings ............i have no energy in the mornings lol.
Is it a better idea to do sit ups in the morning?
Posted 31 July 2010
i try to do about 50 in the morning then 50 in the evening. it doesnt really matter. im in the same boat as you trying to tone up but i just get hungry lol

Posted 31 July 2010
PG_Photographic
Photographer
PG_Photographic
kelly2009

Excellent thank you i  will try emoticonhow long do you personally feel i should do it for?(mins per day)

Personally it kills me after about 10 seconds, but did I say I never practice what I preach. I'm guessing start with about 20 seconds and add 5 or 10 seconds a day if you can but it all depends on how fit you are to start with.
Posted 31 July 2010
FelicityFatale
Photographer
FelicityFatale
If you eat less and you move more, you WILL lose weight unless you have a serious medical problem. If you're not losing weight, you're still eating too much. Cut down the calories and you'll lose it.

Sit ups burn very few calories. You don't have to exert yourself particularly in order to do them. Bad advice - plus they can give you a bad back if you to too many. They don't even have much effect on your abdominals to be honest.

Do a decent amount of exercise, a few times a week. By exercise, I mean you should spend at least 30-45 mins sweating profusely. Go to the gym and lift weights too. Heavy weights.

On many women the tummy is the last place to tone.  It's not easy.

Eat less, move more. Eat less, move more.
Posted 31 July 2010
Edited by FelicityFatale 31 July 2010
We all love cake just dont eat the whole lot. As for toning your tummy, you cant rely on situps alone to get a toned defined tummy, especially if there is a layer of fat over it, you will have to do some cardio, ie like running etc to get your heart rate up and your actually burning calories, but try combining both.
Also it maybe because your not doing them correctly which can lead to the opposite, bad back and weak stomach muscles that ends up in a little pot belly. Why not ask a fitness expert to draw up a little training program for you  doing some cardio and Core stability exercises plus the right foods etc.emoticon
Posted 31 July 2010
Sit ups don't do anything for a flat stomach...do crunches instead. Doing sit ups allows your stomach to relax for a longer period of time in between each sit up, if that makes any sense but by doing crunches your stomach is contantly working. Dosn't really matter what time of the day you do them. As long as you have a good breakfast in the morning and eat well (as in the right kinds of food) during the day you should have enough energy to do your crunches any time of the day but as said by someone else, don't just rely on sit ups/crunches. You need to lose any fat you have around your stomach before you can achieve a toned stomach. Any sort of cardio work would be a good place to start then concentrate on toneing up.
Posted 31 July 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join